SecurityException with signed applet

Jochen Koehler

Sep 13, 2000, 6:49:09 PM9/13/00
Hello,

I'm working with Netscape Communicator 4.74 and signtool 1.3.
I generated a certificate myself for testing purposes with signtool and
created my jar-file. I've verified that both steps where succesful.
But when loading the applet in Communicator I got the following exception:
java.lang.SecurityException: cannot verify signature block file
META-INF/ZIGBERT

I' ve tried it with the Java Plug-In Version 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 but always got
this exception.
Could you please help me.

Thanks in advance

Jochen

MsFish

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
Jochen Koehler wrote:

If you are using a plugin you must use Sun's security tools to create and
sign your jar file. See keytool, jarsigner and policytool for versions 1.2.2
and 1.3.0