Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

ANN: VISUAL CAFE 3.0 SHIPPING

閲覧: 2 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Paul White

未読、
1998/11/20 3:00:001998/11/20
To:
Visual Cafe 3.0 is now available for download from the website below.
Packaged versions will be available worldwide in English, French, German
and Japanese.

New features include (All Editions):
100+ Java Beans with source
100% Swing/JFC support
CodeHelper (automtic java code syntax)
Pluggable VM (JDK 1.2, JDK 1.1x, MS VM)
Visual display & editing of interactions
Fastest JIT compiler
Integrated deployment

Professional & Database Editions
200+ Java Beans with source
Servlet support inc. debugging
Open Java APIs
Java Macro Engine
Localization Tools
International User Interface & Docs (French, English, German, Japanese)
Extensive integrated JavaDoc support
Version control bridge

Database Edition
Query-By-Example in database fields
Stored procedures
First-class JDBC/Swing support
No propriety wrappers for data access
Enhanced datbase Wizards produce finished apps

A trial version will be available in December. Upgrades, crossgrades and
competitive upgrades available. ALl products have a 60-day moneyback
guarantee.
--
Paul White - RPM Symantec Internet Tools
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and not of

Paal Berggreen

未読、
1998/11/20 3:00:001998/11/20
To:
I want to upgrade from my registered PDE 2.0 to 3.0 as soon as
possible, using the online upgrade facility. However, when I submit
the form from the upgrade page, using the userid that came in the
box, the system tells me that my userid is unknown, and that I need
to register. If I try to register I get to the 2.5 update center
(using the userid and password that came in the box - here it works
fine), with no option to register.

Is the userid that came in the box not the correct one to use? I live
in Norway, maybe that's the reason this does not work...?

Please help me upgrade to PDE 3.0, the product takes some time to be
available on the shelves here in Norway :-(

Paul White wrote in message <36555FE8...@symantec.com>...

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/11/20 3:00:001998/11/20
To:
In article <733reg$s7e$1...@readme.online.no>, pa...@softinn.no says...

Pretty typical of that Piece of SH*T website they have!
I knew better than to even try, but when I called they wouldn't let me
order the upgrade because they didn't have a listed part number for it.
I sure wish they'd get their act together, they do have a pretty good
product... too bad you cant get it, especially if your trying to upgrade.

--
KAC
Website Design, Programming, Graphics --> http://www.kacweb.com

ja...@nraponi.u-net.com

未読、
1998/11/20 3:00:001998/11/20
To:
I had this problem yesterday when using IE4, however - when I used
netscape (4.5) it worked fine!!!!!

regs

Nick

Roedy Green

未読、
1998/11/20 3:00:001998/11/20
To:
Paal Berggreen asked, wrote, or quoted:

>However, when I submit
>the form from the upgrade page, using the userid that came in the
>box, the system tells me that my userid is unknown, and that I need
>to register. If I try to register I get to the 2.5 update center
>(using the userid and password that came in the box - here it works
>fine), with no option to register.

I think there may be two different animals that accept user ids at
Symantec. One does not know anyone, the other does.
Try going to cafe2.symantec.com first.

I wish they would get rid of typing those ruddy keys blind. I have not got
all my keys in a file I can cut and paste to avoid tho problem.

For the JAVA GLOSSARY and the CMP Utilities: <http://mindprod.com>
--
Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
-30-

Paul White

未読、
1998/11/21 3:00:001998/11/21
To:
If you have problems with your ID and Password please contact Customer
Service. A list of European Customer Service number can be found at
http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/custserv/contact.html

Paal Berggreen wrote:

> Is the userid that came in the box not the correct one to use? I live
> in Norway, maybe that's the reason this does not work...?
>
> Please help me upgrade to PDE 3.0, the product takes some time to be
> available on the shelves here in Norway :-(

--
Paul White - RPM Symantec Internet Tools
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and not of
Symantec corporation

NEW Visual Cafe 3.0 Shipping - see website

***FREE Visual Cafe 2.5 dbDE Trial Version***FREE Academic licences***

Website: http://www.visualcafe.com/ Knowledgebase:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/knowbase/index.html
FTP site: ftp://itools.symantec.com FAQ:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/faq/index.html
Newsgroup: news://service.symantec.com HTTP News:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/news/index.html

Paul White

未読、
1998/11/21 3:00:001998/11/21
To:
Kenny A. Chaffin wrote:

> Pretty typical of that Piece of SH*T website they have!
> I knew better than to even try, but when I called they wouldn't let me
> order the upgrade because they didn't have a listed part number for it.
> I sure wish they'd get their act together, they do have a pretty good
> product... too bad you cant get it, especially if your trying to upgrade.

AS I stated in my orginial post, packaged versions WILL be available,
which means they're not yet - though it should be very soon. In the US
the retail products shipped on the 16th (PE) and 20th (DE), but this wil
take a few days to get into the resellers.

However you should be able to order in advance, did you call Symantec
Customer Service or a reseller like Programers Paradise?

--
Paul White - RPM Symantec Internet Tools
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and not of
Symantec corporation

NEW Visual Cafe 3.0 SHIPPING in English, French, German and Japanese -

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/11/21 3:00:001998/11/21
To:
In article <365677F9...@symantec.com>, pwh...@symantec.com says...
Paul,

I called Symantec directly.

Thanks,

Tim Triemstra

未読、
1998/11/22 3:00:001998/11/22
To:
"Kenny A. Chaffin" wrote:

> > AS I stated in my orginial post, packaged versions WILL be available,
> > which means they're not yet - though it should be very soon. In the US
> > the retail products shipped on the 16th (PE) and 20th (DE), but this wil
> > take a few days to get into the resellers.
> >
> > However you should be able to order in advance, did you call Symantec
> > Customer Service or a reseller like Programers Paradise?
>
> I called Symantec directly.

I tried to order via the 1-877-4MY-SHOP but they would only sell it for
full price (no upgrade pricing.) I don't have the number in front of me
now, but I called Symantec Customer Service and they gave me a different
internal Symantec sales number (actually, Programmer's Paradise has a
Symantec dept. they use.) I was able to place the order fine from
there.

I tried the online order form and none of my three credit cards were
accepted (they gave an error of some sort.) Suffices to say I don't
overcharge my cards, so there was a bug. It accepted my UserID just
fine though.

Hope this helps.
Tim.

timtr.vcf

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/11/23 3:00:001998/11/23
To:
In article <36585DD5...@usa.net>, ti...@usa.net says...
> --------------943FC2AC6C2E8617260281E6

Thanks Tim, maybe I'll give it another shot. I do wish Symantec would get
their customer service/support (as well as their website) in order
though...

Best Wishes,

Roedy Green

未読、
1998/11/26 3:00:001998/11/26
To:
Paul White asked, wrote, or quoted:
>Fastest JIT compiler

Does it compile fastest or generate the fastest code? We need a short
phrasing to make that distinction clear. Both are important.

bil...@hotmail.nospam.com

未読、
1998/11/30 3:00:001998/11/30
To:
In article <MPG.10bf65c96...@news.dimensional.com>, ke...@kacweb.com

>Pretty typical of that Piece of SH*T website they have!
>I knew better than to even try,

I could agree more.

symantic cafe web site sucks.

The other day, I spend 3 hrs trying to download electronically version 3.0,
I fill up the form, I have my mastercard out and ready to shill out something
like $300 or more for the product, and everytime I submit, it tells my
their server is down.

What a piece of junk.

you'd think a company selling their product on the net, they figure how
to keep a server up so they call sell some software.

Offcourse after this, I changed my mind about buying anuthing from such
a pathetic company. can;t imaging they'll write any good software if
they can'nt even know how to sell it.

bill

Gerd Castan

未読、
1998/11/30 3:00:001998/11/30

Paul White wrote:

> Visual Cafe 3.0 is now available for download from the website below.
> Packaged versions will be available worldwide in English, French, German

For which platform?
Like many Mac users of Visual Cafe I´m evaluating other tools at the
moment since I´m too disappointed.

At the moment I´m trying http://www.netbeans.com and I´m looking forward
for the MRJ 2.1 version since the only current major problem is speed
And this is no problem with MRJ 2.1 EA3.

Do you want to hold us?

Regards,
Gerd

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/11/30 3:00:001998/11/30
To:
In article <3662E9D4...@z.zgs.de>, Gerd....@z.zgs.de says...

> Paul White wrote:
> >
> > Visual Cafe 3.0 is now available for download from the website below.
> > Packaged versions will be available worldwide in English, French, German
> For which platform?

> Do you want to hold us?
>
> Regards,
> Gerd

FYI:

I did receive my upgrade to 3.0 today via ups.

Paul White

未読、
1998/12/01 3:00:001998/12/01
To:
If you have any difficulty in downloading from the website either
- Puchase online from one of the online reseller partners
- Puchase via mail order
- Contact Customer Service for a CD

I'd also like to mention that the development team has nothing to do
with the maintenance of the web servers and E-commerce servers but
thanks for the feedback.

--

Gerd Castan

未読、
1998/12/02 3:00:001998/12/02
To:
Hi,

> I did receive my upgrade to 3.0 today via ups.

I talked to Kenny: he received the PC version.

It seems that Symantec doesn't want the money of Mac users.

BTW: a pure Java IDE that's good for Mac users is not necesarily bad
for Win users ;-)

Cheers,
Gerd

Gerd Castan

未読、
1998/12/02 3:00:001998/12/02

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/12/02 3:00:001998/12/02
To:
In article <36658853...@z.zgs.de>, Gerd....@z.zgs.de says...

True! I think/hope it's more due to market considerations than any
subterfuge.

Best Wishes,

Ara Juljulian

未読、
1998/12/04 3:00:001998/12/04
To:
Well, you haven't lost anything. We got Visual Cafe Professional 3.0 today.
It's pretty buggy (just like 2.5a, if not worse). In the first 10 minutes or
so, it was able to lock up NT 4.0 completely (they're good at something, after
all). The IDE has several problems: dockable palettes get out of control
pretty easily. While compiling a source file, the status pane shows negative
numbers where it's supposed to show line numbers (I guess Symantec engineers
still don't know the difference between signed and unsigned). The compiler is
pretty bad. It can't even get the variable names right. For example, it
complained about an undefined variable named 'thickneqs' where the actual name
was 'thickness' and it was defined. All this in the first 10-15 minutes of
looking at this tool. I'm really disgusted with it. I can't believe they're
so willing to ship crappy products like this and embarassing themselves,
instead of taking the actual time to produce some decent software. I'd
definitely suggest they take some time fixing their bugs instead of adding
useless features to an already bloated application.

Ara Juljulian
Screenplay Systems, Inc.
a...@vipmail.com

In article <73tu2p$1...@drn.newsguy.com>, bil...@hotmail.nospam.com says...

>In article <MPG.10bf65c96...@news.dimensional.com>, ke...@kacweb.com
>
>>Pretty typical of that Piece of SH*T website they have!
>>I knew better than to even try,

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/12/04 3:00:001998/12/04
To:
In article <74a5pi$cbk$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C2663...@hotmail.com
says...
> In article <747aop$60s$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

> a...@vipmail.com (Ara Juljulian) wrote:
> > Well, you haven't lost anything. We got Visual Cafe Professional 3.0 today.
> > It's pretty buggy (just like 2.5a, if not worse). In the first 10 minutes or
>
> I hate to say it but I have to agree with you that the product is buggy. I
> was trying to deploy the tiny sample applet I made but everything when I
> tried to change the deployment setting, the problem crashed and quitted
> itself. So far I can only run the applet on the development machine. The
> applet never work on any machine other than the one I developed the applet
> on. BTW, if anyone know what I did wrong (instead of a bug of 3.0) please
> let me know.
>
> Daniel

Did you use the vc itools or any of the special classes?

C2663...@hotmail.com

未読、
1998/12/05 3:00:001998/12/05

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/12/05 3:00:001998/12/05
To:
In article <74cq3i$dq1$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C2663...@hotmail.com
says...
> In article <MPG.10d25dcee...@news.dimensional.com>,

> ke...@kacweb.com (Kenny A. Chaffin) wrote:
> > Did you use the vc itools or any of the special classes?
>
> No, just AWT, and that's exactly why I was pissed :-( .

> Daniel

Weird. I haven't actually tried much with 3.0, but the few things I have
done, have all worked. At lease as fare as I know....

C2663...@hotmail.com

未読、
1998/12/06 3:00:001998/12/06

nab...@earthlink.net

未読、
1998/12/06 3:00:001998/12/06
To:
In article <74a5pi$cbk$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C2663...@hotmail.com says...

>In article <747aop$60s$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> a...@vipmail.com (Ara Juljulian) wrote:
>> Well, you haven't lost anything. We got Visual Cafe Professional 3.0 today.
>> It's pretty buggy (just like 2.5a, if not worse). In the first 10 minutes or
>
>I hate to say it but I have to agree with you that the product is buggy. I
>was trying to deploy the tiny sample applet I made but everything when I
>tried to change the deployment setting, the problem crashed and quitted
>itself. So far I can only run the applet on the development machine. The
>applet never work on any machine other than the one I developed the applet
>on. BTW, if anyone know what I did wrong (instead of a bug of 3.0) please
>let me know.

I dont think it is too bad really. I have been using it for 2-3 days now,
and these are the few problems I had:

1. deploy seem broke. When I choose deploy, and choose stand alone option, I get
this error:
"Archive Error
Cannot find netscape/security/privilegeManager.class"

Now, I have no idea whay it wants to archive netscape security class. I dont
even use this thing, whatever it is !

2. If I dont choose stand alone option in deploy, then the archive jar file
will only contain my own classes, and not the other classes needed.

3. Got this message while shutting down the application (Visual Cafe 3.0) :
"Cach allocation failure
Symmantec VM monitor Error"

4. after installating the product, and I am not sure if this is related to
it, but these problem just showed up after I installed what was on the CD.
Now, on my windows NT 4.0, SP 4, IE 4.0, I get this security error
everytime I try to click on any icon on my desktop to start any application:

"Internet explorer
An ActiveX control on this page is not safe, You current security
setting prohibit running unsafe controls on this page"

"Internet explorer script error:
line 108
char 1
Error: object doent support this property or method
code: 0

do you want to continue running scipts on this page?"

The above happens the first time I start any application on my PC, by
clicking on the icon for any application.

I have no idea how to fix this now, but as I said, This only started after
I installed Visual Cafe 3.0, the databade edition, with all the other
application that came with it (dbanywhere, etc..) on the CD. Looked at NT
events, do not see any errors.

other than that, I am happy with it, at least it speeds up the GUI
building part. I still use JDK and emacs to edit/compile the code, but
I use Cafe to for the GUI stuff, since that seems faster (although I would
probably learn more if I would do the whole thing by hand without the help
of a GUI buidler :)

Nasser

Chris

未読、
1998/12/07 3:00:001998/12/07
To:
Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that what you did wrong is you were using an
IDE instead of a simple text editor (with syntax highlighting of course, cause it
makes everything look pretty). I'm no expert in any IDE, but I've yet to use a Java
IDE that made me happy. I'd settle for one as good as Borland C++ 3.1 (on 4 Meg of
RAM!!!), but I guess that'll take a while . . .

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/12/07 3:00:001998/12/07
To:
In article <366B61B1...@hamptons.com>, chr...@hamptons.com says...

> Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that what you did wrong is you were using an
> IDE instead of a simple text editor (with syntax highlighting of course, cause it
> makes everything look pretty). I'm no expert in any IDE, but I've yet to use a Java
> IDE that made me happy. I'd settle for one as good as Borland C++ 3.1 (on 4 Meg of
> RAM!!!), but I guess that'll take a while . . .

Kawa works great!

C2663...@hotmail.com

未読、
1998/12/07 3:00:001998/12/07
To:
In article <MPG.10d3a7451...@news.dimensional.com>,

ke...@kacweb.com (Kenny A. Chaffin) wrote:
> In article <74cq3i$dq1$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C2663...@hotmail.com
> says...

> > In article <MPG.10d25dcee...@news.dimensional.com>,
> > ke...@kacweb.com (Kenny A. Chaffin) wrote:
> > > Did you use the vc itools or any of the special classes?
> >
> > No, just AWT, and that's exactly why I was pissed :-( .
> Weird. I haven't actually tried much with 3.0, but the few things I have
> done, have all worked. At lease as fare as I know....

First, an apology: the "Deploy" feature actually works for my awt based
applet. I simply forgot to check off the "standalone archieve" option under
"Option". Sorry, I suck.

But then, the sample applet I made with a few Swing classes
(com.sun.java.swing.*) and a few AWT Additions tools
(symantec.itools.awt.ImagePanel, for instance) still cannot be deployed
properly. I still get the message "load : class applet MytestApplet1.class
not found" at the bottom of my browser (BTW, I am using Micro$oft's IE 4.0
SP1).

Is there anything I should do on my client machines, like install some kind
of package to preinstalled all the Swing classes and Symmantec classes in
advance?

Kenny A. Chaffin

未読、
1998/12/07 3:00:001998/12/07
To:
In article <74hlch$d60$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, C2663...@hotmail.com
Well, yeah, if you are using any of the symantec proprietary classes you
have to include them (in the jar or distribute them or whatever). Also I
believe (I haven't done much with swing) the swing classes have moved
around as far as the class hierarchy a couple of times, so that might or
might not make a difference. I don't think IE supports Swing classes
itself, they have to be added to the classpath....

Hope this helps,

buhrm...@worldnet.att.net

未読、
1998/12/17 3:00:001998/12/17
To:
On Sat, 05 Dec 1998 02:29:07 GMT, C2663...@hotmail.com wrote:

>In article <747aop$60s$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> a...@vipmail.com (Ara Juljulian) wrote:
>> Well, you haven't lost anything. We got Visual Cafe Professional 3.0 today.
>> It's pretty buggy (just like 2.5a, if not worse). In the first 10 minutes or
>
>I hate to say it but I have to agree with you that the product is buggy. I
>was trying to deploy the tiny sample applet I made but everything when I
>tried to change the deployment setting, the problem crashed and quitted
>itself. So far I can only run the applet on the development machine. The
>applet never work on any machine other than the one I developed the applet
>on. BTW, if anyone know what I did wrong (instead of a bug of 3.0) please
>let me know.
>

>Daniel

I installed Cafe 3.0 DBE and tested it by running the CustomerInfo
tour applet. It runs fine in the applet viewer, and also fine when
run in debug mode; however, when I just Execute (Ctrl +F5), the GUI
doesn't draw. I tested in both Navigator 4.5 and IE4.0. What's the
difference between Execute and Run in Debugger? Am I missing some
settings I should be making?

The java console in Navigator shows the following:

Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5

Type '?' for options.

# Applet exception: error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/java/swing/JApplet

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/JApplet

at
netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:760)

at
netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass1(AppletClassLoader.java:685)

* at
netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:649)

at
netscape.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:626)

at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$LoadAppletEvent.dispatch(DerivedAppletFrame.java:438)

at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:81)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:135)

at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java:911)

Mikhail Kogan

未読、
1998/12/18 3:00:001998/12/18
To:
This could be because you are either trying to access a database and you are
improperly loading the driver, or if you have wrong path setting in your html code,
or else the browser could conceivably cause some problems
新着メール 0 件