How do I fix my github?

e.d.pro...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 7:06:42 AM4/2/21
If you look at a public github (https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton) you see a branch name (develop) and below it you see files that should be under the project if you import it.
If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which should be right at the top level of the project.

Marcel Mueller

Apr 2, 2021, 11:00:07 AM4/2/21
Am 02.04.21 um 13:06 schrieb e.d.pro...@gmail.com:
> If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which should be right at the top level of the project.

You probably have different git settings on you computers.

Marcel

e.d.pro...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 11:06:20 AM4/2/21
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:00:07 AM UTC-4, Marcel Mueller wrote:
> > If I pull up my project repository, I see my branch name, and under that I see a folder that is my project name. If I import this to another computer it pulls in project name with just this folder under it, then the files under that folder which should be right at the top level of the project.
> You probably have different git settings on you computers.
>

> Marcel

Shouldn't be anything about the computer setting. The repository shouldn't show the project as a folder.

Richard Damon

Apr 2, 2021, 11:09:19 AM4/2/21
Look at github. Likely the repository starts with a folder and then the
files under it.

The machine that directly pulls in the files with no folder isn't
pulling the full repository, but is just doing a partial checkout of
that folder.

e.d.pro...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2021, 11:13:37 AM4/2/21
On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:09:19 AM UTC-4, Richard Damon wrote:
> Look at github. Likely the repository starts with a folder and then the
> files under it.
>
> The machine that directly pulls in the files with no folder isn't
> pulling the full repository, but is just doing a partial checkout of
> that folder.

Far as I can tell my EGit on that machine is pointing directly to the repository, same as the other computer I tried to check it out from. Where would the folder reference be?