Hope you are doing well.
We are looking for a "PostgreSQL Developer" to fill the long-term contract position.
Kindly revert back to this mail with your updated resume if you feel interested.
Position: PostgreSQL Developer
Location: New York
On C2C/W2 only
The purpose of this role is to design, test and maintain software programs for operating systems or applications which needs to be deployed at a client end and ensure its meet 100% quality assurance parameters
Instrumental in understanding the requirements and design of the product/ software
1. Develop software solutions by studying information needs, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes
2. Investigating problem areas followed by the software development life cycle
3. Facilitate root cause analysis of the system issues and problem statement
4. Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
5. Analyze client requirements and convert requirements to feasible design
6. Collaborate with functional teams or systems analysts who carry out the detailed investigation into software requirements
7. Conferring with project managers to obtain information on software capabilities
2. Perform coding and ensure optimal software/ module development
1. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, software development and proposed software
2. Develop and automate processes for software validation by setting up and designing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases
3. Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
4. Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
5. Ensuring that code is error free or has no bugs and test failure
6. Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities and status
7. Ensure all the codes are raised as per the norm defined for project / program / account with clear description and replication patterns
8. Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and reports as requested
9. Coordinating with the team on daily project status and progress and documenting it
10. Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned stakeholders
3. Status Reporting and Customer Focus on an ongoing basis with respect to project and its execution
1. Capturing all the requirements and clarifications from the client for better quality work
2. Taking feedback on the regular basis to ensure smooth and on time delivery
3. Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
4. Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements
5. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
6. Documenting very necessary details and reports in a formal way for proper understanding of software from client proposal to implementation
7. Ensure good quality of interaction with customer w.r.t. e-mail content, fault report tracking, voice calls, business etiquette etc
8. Timely Response to customer requests and no instances of complaints either internally or externally
Stakeholder Type Stakeholder Identification Purpose of Interaction
Internal Lead Software Developer and Project Manager Regular reporting & updates
Software Developers For work coordination and support in providing testing solutions
External Clients Provide apt solutions and support as per the requirement
Lists the competencies required to perform this role effectively:
• Functional Competencies/ Skill
o Leveraging Technology – Knowledge of current and upcoming technology along with expertise in programming (automation, tools and systems) to build efficiencies and effectiveness in own function/ Client organization – Competent
o Process Excellence - Ability to follow the standards and norms to produce consistent results, provide effective control and reduction of risk – Expert
o Technical knowledge – knowledge of various programming languages, tools, quality management standards and processes - Expert
Foundation Knowledgeable about the competency requirements. Demonstrates (in parts) frequently with minimal support and guidance.
Competent Consistently demonstrates the full range of the competency without guidance. Extends the competency to difficult and unknown situations as well.
Expert Applies the competency in all situations and is serves as a guide to others as well.
Master Coaches others and builds organizational capability in the competency area. Serves as a key resource for that competency and is recognised within the entire organization.
• Behavioral Competencies
o Formulation & Prioritization
o Managing Complexity
o Execution Excellence
o Passion for Results
No. Performance Parameter Measure
1. Continuous Integration, Deployment & Monitoring of Software 100% error free on boarding & implementation, throughput %,Adherence to the schedule/ release plan
2. Quality & CSAT On-Time Delivery, Manage software, Troubleshoot queries
Customer experience, completion of assigned certifications for skill upgradation
3. MIS & Reporting 100% on time MIS & report generation
Phone: 530 298 6813
II 609 930 1037