Tomcat 4.1.27

Heinanren

Sep 18, 2003, 8:25:54 PM9/18/03
After downloading and installing Apache 1.3.28 and J2SDK1.4.2 into a
Windows XP environment I then downloaded the binaries for Tomcat
4.1.27 and installed it. When I start the service I get a server not
found error for "localhost:8080". When I shutdown the service I get
the following Exception:

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:992)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:857)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:176)

So does anyone have a clue why I cannot access localhost:8080 and why
I'm getting a ClassNotFoundException and how I can fix the problem?
Thanks for taking the time to consider my problem.

KC Wong

Sep 19, 2003, 4:41:39 AM9/19/03
> After downloading and installing Apache 1.3.28 and J2SDK1.4.2 into a
> Windows XP environment I then downloaded the binaries for Tomcat
> 4.1.27 and installed it. When I start the service I get a server not
> found error for "localhost:8080". When I shutdown the service I get
> the following Exception:
>
> Exception during startup processing
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
> sLoader.java:992)
> at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
> sLoader.java:857)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:176)

It means it cannot find class org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina to
execute - in other words, the Tomcat server cannot be started.

Are you setting JAVA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME correctly? Tomcat must have these
two to work properly.

BTW what's about the other post with a slightly different subject line?!

KC.