no data to read from socket

Mary Orcutt

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
We're running a Java 1.2 application which uses the Oracle thin 8.0.4
driver. Seemingly for no apparent cause, we occassionally get the
following
error:

[Fri Mar 12 12:17:23 CST 1999] SQLException java.sql.SQLException: No
more data to read from socket
[Fri Mar 12 12:17:23 CST 1999] SQLException query = select * from
WalletUsers where wallet_login = 'mikep'
[Fri Mar 12 12:17:23 CST 1999] Wallet.Login SQLException
java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:419)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCInBuffer.getByte(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIMsg.unmarshalSB1(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oopen.receive(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.open(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.<init>(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.createStatement(Compiled Code)

We didn't seem to be running out of space. I can't seem to find a cause
for this error, so if anyone has input on what could cause this, I'd
appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks,
Mary

Richard Williams

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
I'm having the same problem. I thought it was a timeout on a
DBMSPipe.ReceiveMessage() call I was making.
I am using the Oracle thin 7.3 driver.

Please someone help!

Theodore Williams

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
I am having the same problem. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Theodore Williams

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
to Richard Williams
Use the new Oracle Thin 8.0406 driver. That cleared the problem for me.

You can download it from

http://www.oracle.com/products/free_software