java gui and windows api

yogesh

Aug 25, 2004, 2:14:33 PM8/25/04
Does "java apis for gui development(swing and awt)" for Windows use
the underlying windows api at its core ?
As I read it that
a)it is completely impossible to avoid the "standard windows look and
feel" when using the windows api.
b)it is also difficult on Windows to develop a rich gui program
without using the Windows api.
Java has a very rich set of gui elements and that also are totally
different from windows look and feel.

regards,
Yogesh P Joshi

Hal Rosser

Aug 28, 2004, 3:09:16 PM8/28/04
no - it has the jvm
I'm not positive - but I think 'SWT' goes closer to the OS and may use
windows api

"yogesh" <ypjof...@indiatimes.com> wrote in message

---

Chander

Sep 13, 2004, 8:01:23 PM9/13/04
I am sure that Java doesnt use Windows API as it platform independent
and ots look and feel remains same take it to any OS.. for rich look and
feel check the tutorial of java SWing and AWT.. at java.sun.com