COMM API and PCMCIA

Christian Marko

Aug 24, 2004, 3:15:16 AM8/24/04
Hi!

Does anyone have experiences with the COMM API and the usage of the
PCMCIA port? With the COMM API the PCMCIA ports should also be found,
or not?

I have a PCMCIA port on my notebook, but this port won't be found, by
the appropriate class of the COMM API. As i read in other posts, the
port should be found. Can anyone help me?

Regards
Chris

Nik Cross

Aug 27, 2004, 8:20:21 AM8/27/04
chris...@mwebdev.com (Christian Marko) wrote in message news:<d18fbeec.04082...@posting.google.com>...

As a first thought, have you initialized the comm driver.
I forgot and couldn't see any ports until I used this:

String driverName = "com.sun.comm.Win32Driver";
try{
CommDriver commdriver = (CommDriver)Class.forName(driverName).newInstance();
commdriver.initialize();
}
catch (Exception e2)
{
e2.printStackTrace();
}

If this doesn't help maybe you could post your code.