Re: (again) Imgur under TOR - does Javascript pose a risk to anonymity?

Anonymous Remailer (austria)

Jan 28, 2020, 9:15:03 PM1/28/20

In article <r0pah9$14n$1...@news.mixmin.net>
"anon" <an...@anonymous.com> wrote:

> > PLEASE SECOND TIME I ASK THIS IN APAS, FIRST TIME THE MORON
> > WHO PUTS MESSAGES IN MIME CODING REPLIED SOME CRAP AND MY
> > QUESTION GOT FORGOTTEN.
> >

> > I am using the Tor standard distribution package, including
> > Noscript.
> >
> > Tried to upload material to imgur.
> >
> > "If you're seeing this message, that means JavaScript has
> > been disabled
> > on your browser, please enable JS to make Imgur work."
> >
> > What is the worst that Javascript could do in revealing
> > identity, if I set Noscript to allow it?
> >
> > Is there something better for image storing? Used to use
> > http://www.freeimagehosting.net
> > which didn't need Javascript but now it is permanently
> > "Temporarily Offline".
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> This is not the group to ask this. This group mainly knows remailers.
> Who knows what government spies can do with javascript. Just don't use
> imgur to upload anything nefarious.

We know Java and a bunch of other really cool things besides
browsers and network protocols too.

Regarding uploading binary content, make sure the metadata is
sanitized if it's a phone or camera picture, or I'll have your
exact home address and a picture of you standing in the front
door from a neighbor's doorbell cam.

Doorbell cams are the best stalking tool since drones. Most
people are too fucking stupid to install them correctly and they
erroneously believe cell phone and home WI-FI are secure.

Write this on the back of your hand. Bill The Handy man doesn't
know shit about wireless camera systems and networking.