Hi - anyone home?

Kathy Morgan

Feb 10, 2008, 5:08:50 PM2/10/08
Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam for the past
couple of years. Is there anyone here?

--
Kathy

van...@vsta.org

Feb 10, 2008, 7:08:06 PM2/10/08
Kathy Morgan <kmo...@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam for the past
> couple of years. Is there anyone here?

Yes! I was a beta site for Hermes way, way back when I was a kernel
engineer for Sequent Computers. There really aren't many substantial
resources left describing Hermes, and I still remember it as a very
interesting language for creating reliably compartmented programs.

If somebody has bits, I'll be happy to host them.

Regards,
Andy Valencia

Kathy Morgan

Feb 14, 2008, 1:46:59 AM2/14/08
<van...@vsta.org> wrote:

> Kathy Morgan <kmo...@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi! My server doesn't show anything in this group but spam for the past
> > couple of years. Is there anyone here?
>
> Yes! I was a beta site for Hermes way, way back when I was a kernel
> engineer for Sequent Computers. There really aren't many substantial
> resources left describing Hermes, and I still remember it as a very
> interesting language for creating reliably compartmented programs.

Thanks for responding. :-) Are you a long-time user? Do you know if
there is anyone else still using the group?

> If somebody has bits, I'll be happy to host them.

That's a very nice offer; I hope someone takes you up on it.

--
Kathy - If you're reading this in your web browser from Google or
similar forum, NNTP "newsreaders" are a better way to access the

van...@vsta.org

Feb 14, 2008, 11:17:25 AM2/14/08
Kathy Morgan <kmo...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> Thanks for responding. :-) Are you a long-time user? Do you know if
> there is anyone else still using the group?

I was a Beta site, got it running on our Symmetry and tried out various
constructs. Some of the wrap/unwrap stuff wasn't working yet, and I
recall that the mailing list kind of petered out. I think they were
already ramping down when I started working with it.

>> If somebody has bits, I'll be happy to host them.
> That's a very nice offer; I hope someone takes you up on it.

I had a 6250 tape which no longer exists; my hope was that one of the
original team might still monitor here and be able to scare up the
last bits before their project moved on.

Andy Valencia