Hilarious Haskell Homework Help

Jordan Henderson

Jul 10, 2021, 3:57:20 PM7/10/21
I recall, years ago, that one of the top names in the Haskell world, gave someone Homework "help". Someone asked for help on a fairly simple problem and the Professor gave a solution involving Monads that mirrored a more typical procedural language solution.

He was clearly signalling to the grader that the student had gotten some "help".

I should have saved it. It was one of the funnier things one might find in a comp.lang group in my memory.

Does anyone recall this and can point me to the post?

Paul Rubin

Jul 10, 2021, 6:23:57 PM7/10/21
Jordan Henderson <jordan.h...@gmail.com> writes:
> Does anyone recall this and can point me to the post?

I don't remember that post, but maybe you'd like this:

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~robin/class/449/Evolution.htm