Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

Errata list for "Modern Fortran Explained"

165 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

m_b_metcalf

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2021 4:41:4113.07.21
komu:
Since the latest edition of "Modern Fortran Explained" was published over two years ago, a number of errors and other infelicities have come to light. Further, a number of interpretations of the standard by the standards committees require modifications to the book.

These changes will be incorporated progressively into future printings but, in the meanwhile, the most important ones have been gathered into an errata file, as promised at the bottom of p. vii of the book:

ftp://ftp.numerical.rl.ac.uk/pub/MRandC/edits.pdf

We hope this is of some use.

Regards,

Mike Metcalf

P.S. For some obscure reason, the file seems to be inaccessible to the Microsoft Edge browser.

Spiros Bousbouras

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2021 6:04:1313.07.21
komu:
Does Microsoft Edge have FTP support ? Googling for "microsoft edge ftp support"
showed that from some version onwards it dropped support for FTP. I didn't look
carefully at the results so perhaps I misunderstood something but this is the
impression I got.

CyrMag

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2021 7:38:3713.07.21
komu:
Chrome on ChromeOS also does the same. Many modern browsers block FTP downloads as insecure.

Jeff Ryman

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2021 12:36:2313.07.21
komu:
Couldn't get Firefox v89.0.2 to open the file either, even after specifying Acrobat Reader to use as the app. I finally got it open with Internet Explorer.

Lynn McGuire

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2021 18:45:3613.07.21
komu:
If you give the file an HTTPS, or HTTP, address then Microsoft Edge and
the version 90 of Firefox released today will be able to access the file.

Lynn

m_b_metcalf

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2021 8:22:2414.07.21
komu:
Many thanks for all the feedback. We will investigate a more modern approach and post it here.

Regards,

Mike Metcalf

Spiros Bousbouras

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2021 14:32:2414.07.21
komu:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 05:22:22 -0700 (PDT)
m_b_metcalf <michael...@compuserve.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for all the feedback. We will investigate a more modern
> approach and post it here.

Your approach seems fine to me and it is those browsers which no longer
support FTP which have the problem. I can access
ftp://ftp.numerical.rl.ac.uk/pub/MRandC/edits.pdf both using w3m (a text
based browser) and download it using wget (www.gnu.org/software/wget) .If I
want to save a web based file , I will use wget anyway. curl also works.

m_b_metcalf

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2021 14:54:3914.07.21
komu:
That may or may not be the case, but we want to make this file available very simply, without requiring readers possibly to jump through hoops.

Mike

gah4

nepřečteno,
14. 7. 2021 21:26:3914.07.21
komu:
On Wednesday, July 14, 2021 at 11:32:24 AM UTC-7, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:

(snip)
> Your approach seems fine to me and it is those browsers which no longer
> support FTP which have the problem. I can access
> ftp://ftp.numerical.rl.ac.uk/pub/MRandC/edits.pdf both using w3m (a text
> based browser) and download it using wget (www.gnu.org/software/wget) .If I
> want to save a web based file , I will use wget anyway. curl also works.

It seems that ftp is removed from Firefox 90. It is disabled by default,
but can be enabled, in recent previous versions.

As far as I can tell, it is still in Chrome, but again disabled by default.

I don't know about others.

You could put it on an http server, or the same server doing both.

Ian Gay

nepřečteno,
15. 7. 2021 12:24:5715.07.21
komu:
It downloaded ok for me using Firefox 78.12.0 on Linux.
There is an entry in about:config called network.ftp.enabled which was
already on by default in this version of Ff. I suppose this is the
place to turn it on, if it's not working for you.

Ian

--
*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

Lynn McGuire

nepřečteno,
15. 7. 2021 15:10:0815.07.21
komu:
Firefox version 90.0 dropped support for FTP servers.

Lynn

0 nových zpráv