Diagnostics file and console with Intel oneAPI classic compiler

Rudi Gaelzer

Feb 18, 2021, 7:30:28 PM2/18/21
Using:

Fedora Linux 30

Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler Classic for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.1.2 Build 20201208_000000

I'm compiling a Fortran code from the console with the option

-diag-file=<filename>

However, besides generating the desired file with the diagnostics, the compiler also prints the warning message on the console:

ifort: command line warning #10287: the previously set diagnostic file output option is being overridden by '-diag-file=<filename>'

I don't want to see this message, that's why I'm choosing a diagnostics file.

How do I turn off these warnings on the console?

Beliavsky

Feb 18, 2021, 9:12:07 PM2/18/21
The fastest way to get answers to Intel Fortran questions, often from Intel staff, is to ask at their forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler .

gah4

Feb 18, 2021, 9:22:07 PM2/18/21
On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 6:12:07 PM UTC-8, Beliavsky wrote:
> The fastest way to get answers to Intel Fortran questions, often from Intel staff, is to ask at their forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler .

It is warning you that the rest of the messages go to a file.

Not much point in writing that message to the file.

Otherwise, redirect stderr.