Free Unrestricted plusFORT Licence for comp.lang.fortran readers

John Appleyard

Jan 17, 2022, 11:18:55 AMJan 17
Download and installation instructions for version 7.50 of plusFORT, on
Windows, Mac and Linux, can be found at:

https://fortran.uk/currentversion.

Your licence comprises the following 3 lines of text:

comp.lang.fortran reader - Windows, Mac or Linux
Valid until 31st March 2022
ZDDAAZPBJMPBCDBOMO

This licence is valid until the end of March 2022. To request an
extension beyond that date, please get in touch via our website. We ask
that you seriously consider purchasing a licence if you use the software
meaningfully, particularly in a commercial of government environment.
Please let us know how you get on.

Brief Overview of plusFORT

There is much in plusFORT that cannot be found anywhere else. More
detail, including video tutorials and an online manual, can be found at
www.fortran.uk. plusFORT supports all standards up to Fortran 2003, as
well as VAX Fortran, and many other extensions. It can be used from the
command line, or using PFFE, our intuitive GUI front-end.

Code Modernization

* Source code restructuring and spaghetti unscrambler
* Source form conversion
* Automatically generates declarations to allow use of IMPLICIT NONE
* Translates declarations to and from Fortran 2003 form
* Automatically adds INTENT to argument declarations
* Over 100 configurable options to customize code transformation

Code Instrumentation

* Automatically insert probes to analyse CPU usage
* Dynamic Analysis. Inserts probes to identify illegal use of
uninitialized data (much more thorough than compile-time checks).
* Coverage Analysis. Inserts probes to identify execution hotspots, and
code-blocks which remain untested through a series of runs.

Static Analysis

* HTML reports (with extensive crosslinks between reports) showing usage
and problems relating to
- subprograms
- subprogram arguments
- modules and module variables
- COMMON blocks and variables
- PARAMETERs
- local variables
* Hyperlinked HTML call tree

Modularization

* Analysis of legacy Fortran code in preparation for conversion to
modular structure.
- Internalization - shows subprograms and COMMON blocks that
could be internal (i.e. CONTAINed within another executable
subprogram)
- Cluster Analysis - identifies subprograms and data structures
which could be combined in a module.

HyperKWIC

* A complete refresh of the traditional KWIC (KeyWord In Context)
report.
* Every occurrence of every user symbol is hyperlinked, to allow users
to skip back and forth between reports and source code.

FortranFan

Jan 18, 2022, 10:07:26 AMJan 18
On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 11:18:55 AM UTC-5, John Appleyard wrote:

> Download and installation instructions for version 7.50 of plusFORT, on
> Windows, Mac and Linux, can be found at:
>
> https://fortran.uk/currentversion.
>
> Your licence comprises the following 3 lines of text:
>
> comp.lang.fortran reader - Windows, Mac or Linux
> Valid until 31st March 2022
> ZDDAAZPBJMPBCDBOMO
>
> This licence is valid until the end of March 2022. To request an
> extension beyond that date, please get in touch via our website. We ask
> that you seriously consider purchasing a licence if you use the software
> meaningfully, particularly in a commercial of government environment. ..

@John Appleyard,

Kudos, plusFORT looks very interesting and helpful for users of Fortran.

Would you please also consider the Fortran Discourse site https://fortran-lang.discourse.group/ that has an increasing following? You may want to announce plusFORT there and perhaps also extend the same offer to readers there?

Best wishes,

John Appleyard

Jan 18, 2022, 11:11:40 AMJan 18
On 18/01/2022 15:07, FortranFan wrote:
> Would you please also consider the Fortran Discourse sitehttps://fortran-lang.discourse.group/ that has an increasing following? You may want to announce plusFORT there and perhaps also extend the same offer to readers there?

Thanks for the tip - I have done as you suggest.