f2py and the Nee M2 Macs

Terence Cosgrove

Feb 16, 2023, 7:47:18 AM2/16/23
'm trying to use f2py on a MAC M2. My programs all run successfully on an Intel MAC. The first part of the process to produce C code from my Fortran source which seems to work but I get the following error when the C compilation attempts and fails?

clang-14clang-14: : error: error: the clang compiler does not support '-march=core2'the clang compiler does not support '-march=core2'

Has anyone else come across this?

bht

Feb 17, 2023, 11:36:40 AM2/17/23
I have built M1 binaries with f2py. It was a bit messy to get things to work, but in the end I was able to get the ~10 needed .so files made. The settings I use are buried in a scons file: https://subversion.xray.aps.anl.gov/trac/pyGSAS/browser/trunk/fsource/SConstruct.

Brian