Updated compiler conformance tables n- revision 3

Ian

Nov 4, 2022, 10:32:20 AM11/4/22
Jane Sleightholme and I have updated
the compiler conformance tables
with information provided by Nvidia.

They can be found at the fortranplus site.

https://www.fortranplus.co.uk/fortran-information/

Ian Chivers
Jane Sleightholme

FortranFan

Nov 4, 2022, 11:14:21 AM11/4/22
@Ian,

Thank you for your post.

It will be useful if you can consider placing your work and data toward the compiler conformance tables online some place (GitHub?) and "crowdsourcing" the effort with the growing Fortran community e.g., the Fortran Discourse site where you have already made prior posts. That can particularly help all the GCC/gfortran user community since your current table lists only gfortran 7.2 and appears to miss the updates certain sections of the user base avail themselves with gfortran 9, 10, and even 11 in some circumstances: see https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran/News#GCC9.

Also, relatively considering, things are moving "fast" in the world of Intel with their LLVM-based IFX development, something to keep in the next update to the conformance tables: https://community.intel.com/t5/Blogs/Tech-Innovation/Tools/IFX-in-the-Intel-oneAPI-2022-3-Release/post/1424092

Also, you may be aware of the news re: ABSOFT: https://www.absoft.com/
"Notice Absoft Has Closed
Absoft Corporation has stopped selling new products as of September 30th, 2022.

Existing Absoft Customers will contine to receive technical support through email and our User Forums until the end of the year.

Thank you to all of our customers and partners for your 42 years of support! "

Ian

Nov 7, 2022, 12:31:59 PM11/7/22
The data in the tables is supplied by the vendors.

We haven't received any updates from the GCC/gfortran community
for a while.

If they want to provide updates we will incorporate the data in the tables and
provide an update.

As we stated in a post on the Fortran Discourse site people are free to
make the data available in other ways. Jane and I do not see any problem with that.

Ian Chivers