colorForth editor?

Brad Eckert

Jun 29, 2022, 10:07:07 AMJun 29
Hi All,

I would like to edit colorForth source code in a standalone Windows app, not in native colorForth. The best I can do is to use a plain text editor because there are so many powerful editors.

A thought that just came to mind is to do it in JavaScript as a browser front end. colorForth could be interpreted in the front end. The only backend needed would be to manage storage for individual users.

Sure, the run-time inefficiency would suck. It would be just like the old days when a 16 MHz 8086 PC was a speed demon.

Maybe colorForth should be in the cloud. At least it would be a good trainer for the chorded keyboard.

Wayne morellini

Jun 30, 2022, 1:15:20 AMJun 30
Thumbs up Brad. Before anybody else butts in. I'm interested in colorforth or machine forth etc, in JavaScript so that it could use JavaScript API's and exchange JavaScript code data structures, a ColorScript. There used to be a ForthScript effort.

none albert

Jun 30, 2022, 4:36:56 AMJun 30
In article <a12fa556-886f-4004...@googlegroups.com>,
ciasarrayforth.html on my page below may serve your needs.
It converts colorforth screens to plain ASCII and the uses vim configuration
to edit the colorful ASCII equivalent of the screen.
And then converts it back, of course.

Groetjes Albert
--
"in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
alive and in the western country like US, people are free to