qoi compression format

none albert

May 26, 2022, 9:05:55 AMMay 26
A hacker with no previous knowledge of compression has designed
a graphic compression that is almost as good as png lossless
compression, but much faster.
The specification -- as might be expected -- is small and fits on
one page.

A c-implementation runs about 300 lines.
It would be nice if a Forth implementation comes available.

More info
https://qoiformat.org/

Groetjes Albert
--
"in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
alive and in the western country like US, people are free to

Pablo Hugo Reda

May 26, 2022, 9:43:53 AMMay 26
I have an implementation of version 1 and some modification about the main idea in https://github.com/phreda4/r3/tree/main/r3/dev/aqoi

dxforth

May 26, 2022, 10:49:43 PMMay 26
On 26/05/2022 23:05, albert wrote:
> A hacker with no previous knowledge of compression has designed
> a graphic compression that is almost as good as png lossless
> compression, but much faster.

A nobody can do more in less time than a team of experts in the field?
Sounds like Forth a very long time ago :)