Is this where the money for GA comes from - with SH-BOOM as background?

Jurgen Pitaske

Sep 19, 2021, 3:48:46 AM9/19/21
An overview article of 25 important pieces of silicon over the years - including SH-BOOM ( their selection ) .

In this article there is some information, that surprised me,
but well deserved.
I hope a lot of the money ended up with Chuck:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world
Copied from there:

Fish later sold his patent rights to a Carlsbad, Calif.–based firm, Patriot Scientific, which remained a profitless speck of a company until its executives had a revelation: In the years since Sh-Boom's invention, the speed of processors had by far surpassed that of motherboards, and so practically every maker of computers and consumer electronics wound up using a solution just like the one Fish and Moore had patented. Ka-ching! Patriot fired a barrage of lawsuits against U.S. and Japanese companies. Whether these companies' chips depend on the Sh-Boom ideas is a matter of controversy. But since 2006, Patriot and Moore have reaped over US $125 million in licensing fees from Intel, AMD, Sony, Olympus, and others. As for the name Sh-Boom, Moore, now at IntellaSys, in Cupertino, Calif., says: “It supposedly derived from the name of a bar where Fish and I drank bourbon and scribbled on napkins. There's little truth in that. But I did like the name he suggested."

dxforth

Sep 19, 2021, 10:01:33 PM9/19/21
On 19/09/2021 17:48, Jurgen Pitaske wrote:
> An overview article of 25 important pieces of silicon over the years - including SH-BOOM ( their selection ) .
>
> In this article there is some information, that surprised me,
> but well deserved.
> I hope a lot of the money ended up with Chuck:
> https://spectrum.ieee.org/25-microchips-that-shook-the-world

One name in the list that got my attention was Robert Widlar - having
seen it in many Application Notes in the mid/late 70's. His achievements
(and life) even more remarkable after reading the Wikipedia article on him.
A genius - with all the character flaws one expects of someone that knows
he is.