ESP32Forth on the web and Facebook

Marc Petremann

Jan 10, 2022, 4:42:10 AM1/10/22
Hello,
For almost two years I have been closely interested in the versions of the FORTH language for ARDUINO and ESP32.
A week ago, I set up a specially dedicated ESP32Forth subdomain on ESP32:
http://esp32-forth.com
and a group on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/esp3forth
The purpose of this website and Facebook group is to share knowledge about ESP32 hardware and its programming using ESP32Forth.
Cordially.

Rick C

Jan 10, 2022, 10:25:34 AM1/10/22
Why Facebook? Facebook is a closed community that excludes many rather than including them?

I tried to join recently and was presented with a verification process where I had to obtain a verification from three of five people Facebook presented me with. Unfortunately I only knew two of them and haven't had contact with them in decades. So not verification was possible. Even worse were the circles the web page ran me around suggesting there were alternative means of verification, but in the end it always brought me back to the same five people I needed to contact.

Tell me that's not a closed community by definition.

--

Rick C.

--- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
--- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

dxforth

Jan 10, 2022, 8:22:44 PM1/10/22
On 11/01/2022 02:25, Rick C wrote:

> Why Facebook? Facebook is a closed community that excludes many rather than including them?

Similarly faced with having join Facebook because a vendor chose to set up
there, I decided it was more trouble than worth - particularly if I had no
other use for Facebook. Advancing Zuckerberg's plan for humanity wasn't a
high priority.