Zillion Android users need Simplified Gforth.

qhs grant

Jun 24, 2018, 5:30:55 AM6/24/18
Sorry! This is my first use of lsrn: searching for the FEW "*ndroid"
mentioned posts.
How else would an unrooted/unrootable android user hope to get some
insight/control over his Tablet?

It's a disaster not being able to copy-paste, so I must <guess>.
But: -/home/.gforth-history helps, potentially. Some tests show:-
sh pwd == /storage/emulated/legacy/gforth/home
sh ls -al == ...
drwxrwx .... .gforth
sh cd ../ <- answers ok, but then
sh pwd <- does NOT confirm

Now for the disaster.
sh echo "+++++++" > ./.gforth-history
sh cat ./.gforth-history <- MESSED !!

But
GC shows .gforth-history having only the expected 2 lines:
+++++++
cat ./.gforth-history
BUT size=5.6K ??!!

The <android ? java ? gforth> file system is NOT normal.

I used the standardSD from Win8.1, which would be a FAT32 - I guess.
Under android:gforth it showed the original fileTree as above, using
su du ../

But under linux, this SDcard showed additionally a dirTree
<FAILEDsomething>, with 4 big files, which <grep gforth> showed
contained the files, which are shown under android:gforth.

So the SDcard takes an extra dir, which is only accessable by
android.

So gforth will NOT allow me to examine & control this Tablet
as if it was linux:GNU. It's a mess!!

Let's see if this posts now ?

qhs grant

Jun 27, 2018, 4:57:08 PM6/27/18
WOW ?! slrn's keybrding is VERY unintuitive ?!
f Post a followup to the current article.
=> it seems to have entered mc:edit ? Too klevaIMO.