Free Eiffel for Win 10?

Peter Percival

Sep 16, 2019, 10:07:37 AM9/16/19
Is there a free Eiffel compiler (at least and maybe an IDE) for Windows 10?

Nemo

Sep 16, 2019, 10:14:55 AM9/16/19
On 16/09/2019 10:07, Peter Percival wrote:
> Is there a free Eiffel compiler (at least and maybe an IDE) for Windows 10?

There are community (free) versions of EiffelStudio here:
https://www.eiffel.org/downloads/channel/stable

I do not run Windows, so cannot comment on that version.

N.

Peter Percival

Sep 16, 2019, 12:01:05 PM9/16/19
Thank you bro. Is it fun to use?

Nemo

Sep 18, 2019, 8:24:09 PM9/18/19
The IDE is very clean and well thought-out with an excellent debugger --
so I would say yes.

N.

Bernd Schoeller

Jun 15, 2020, 4:02:57 AM6/15/20
Just for completeness, these is also the GOBO compiler that works on
Windows. Compiles very fast, but missing many features (like contract
checking).

Bernd

Nemo

Jun 18, 2020, 10:19:10 PM6/18/20
Hhmmm... that seems to violate a very important part of Eiffel, does it not?

N.

> Bernd

Larry Rix

Aug 4, 2021, 3:55:15 PM8/4/21
It can be a pain, for sure. Me—I pay the $15/month and drive on. I spend more at Subway or Starbucks so it's not a big deal and I get to dev whatever I like and don't even have to share it if I choose not to (but mostly I do!).

hank....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 7:41:03 PM1/28/22
On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 4:55:15 PM UTC-3, rix....@gmail.com wrote:
> It can be a pain, for sure. Me—I pay the $15/month and drive on.

You can pay in easy installments?? I don't think that was mentioned in the "buy" page.

-- Hank