WINCOBOL

Arnold Trembley

Mar 10, 2022, 10:29:30 PM3/10/22

Ralph Linkletter is regular contribute to the GnuCOBOL forums. He has
built a version of GnuCOBOL for Windows 7 and higher, with an
interactive debugger and an ISPF-like editor.

https://www.wincobol.com/

WinCOBOL is the website of WINIDE.

WINIDE is an edit, compile, and test facility primarily for use by
programmers familiar with IBM mainframe COBOL.

Included with WINIDE are the following:
zOS IBM mainframe look and feel
An IDE to compile, an editor, a break point dialog
An ISPF like editor - ZSPF.EXE
GnuCOBOL a free open source COBOL compiler and RTS
An animator for debugging WINIDE applications
Installation video tutorial
Videos depicting the use of WINIDE

Limitations:
Procedure division copybooks are not implemented
EBCDIC support is now available as a beta release
Free format COBOL syntax is not supported

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/

docd...@panix.com

Mar 10, 2022, 10:48:21 PM3/10/22
In article <qoWdnUgY8qmPX7f_...@giganews.com>,
Arnold Trembley <arnold....@att.net> wrote:

>Ralph Linkletter is regular contribute to the GnuCOBOL forums. He has
>built a version of GnuCOBOL for Windows 7 and higher, with an
>interactive debugger and an ISPF-like editor.
>
>https://www.wincobol.com/

Snagged and stored with my copy of ETKPAK. Greatly appreciated, Mr
Trembley!

(just the other day (in another forum) I read some pooh-poohing of turning
off Just This Country while keeping the rest of the world's commerce
running; I mentioned how honored I'd been by both your and Mr Yaeger's
taking my blitherings as worthy of comment and how both of you considered
yourselves to be pale images of True Giants)

DD

Arnold Trembley

Mar 11, 2022, 12:04:15 AM3/11/22
Doc,

I probably qualify for the "pale image" group, but Mr. Yaeger is likely
to fall in the "True Giants" category.

I would like to read your post in that other forum. It seems that all
the usenet groups I regularly follow hardly get any new postings these
days.

Glad to see you're still posting, and I hope all is well with you and yours!

Kind regards,

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/

docd...@panix.com

Mar 11, 2022, 12:44:10 PM3/11/22
In article <8qGdnfYHSeXURbf_...@giganews.com>,
Arnold Trembley <arnold....@att.net> wrote:
>On 3/10/2022 9:48 PM, docd...@panix.com wrote:
>> In article <qoWdnUgY8qmPX7f_...@giganews.com>,
>> Arnold Trembley <arnold....@att.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ralph Linkletter is regular contribute to the GnuCOBOL forums. He has
>>> built a version of GnuCOBOL for Windows 7 and higher, with an
>>> interactive debugger and an ISPF-like editor.
>>>
>>> https://www.wincobol.com/
>>
>> Snagged and stored with my copy of ETKPAK. Greatly appreciated, Mr
>> Trembley!
>>
>> (just the other day (in another forum) I read some pooh-poohing of turning
>> off Just This Country while keeping the rest of the world's commerce
>> running; I mentioned how honored I'd been by both your and Mr Yaeger's
>> taking my blitherings as worthy of comment and how both of you considered
>> yourselves to be pale images of True Giants)
>
>Doc,
>
>I probably qualify for the "pale image" group, but Mr. Yaeger is likely
>to fall in the "True Giants" category.
>
>I would like to read your post in that other forum.

I don't believe I can supply that, Mr Trembley. It is in a private forum
and promulgating it thusly would be considered in bad taste... and Heaven
knows enough of what I do already &c.

>It seems that all
>the usenet groups I regularly follow hardly get any new postings these
>days.

Full sentences? Multiple paragraphs? URLs that lead to More Stuff to
Read? Who has time for that, anyhow? There's a universe full of videos to
watch and respond 'that wsnt wrth it'.

>Glad to see you're still posting, and I hope all is well with you and yours!

Good health and long lives in return.

DD