Install GnuCOBOL 3.1.2 for Windows using Chocolatey Package Manager

Arnold Trembley

Mar 4, 2023, 11:45:16 PM3/4/23

It is now possible to install GnuCOBOL 3.1.2 for Windows using the
Chocolatey package manager:

https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/gnucobol

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/

Vincent Coen

Mar 5, 2023, 11:26:07 AM3/5/23
Hello Arnold!

Sunday March 05 2023 04:45, Arnold Trembley wrote to All:

> It is now possible to install GnuCOBOL 3.1.2 for Windows using the
> Chocolatey package manager:

> https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/gnucobol

Why an old version as against v3.2 rc-2 or 3 ?

Vincent

Arnold Trembley

Mar 6, 2023, 1:25:10 AM3/6/23
GnuCOBOL 3.1.2 is the most recent stable version. A volunteer at
Chocolatey created the GC package manager install over a year ago.

GnuCOBOL 3.2 has had three releases so far: Development Preview,
Release Candidate 1, and Release Candidate 2 (which is pretty good, but
not quite done yet). It looks like there will be a Release Candidate 3
in about a week or so. Then if everything goes smoothly we could see
the final version of GnuCOBOL 3.2 published in about a month.

When there's a GC 3.2 final binary available, I will let the maintainer
at Chocolatey know, so they can update it.

Kind regards,

--
https://www.arnoldtrembley.com/