NTX compatibility between Summer'87 and 5.x

Alejandro SdeL

Nov 4, 2021, 8:55:43 AM11/4/21
Hi. Is it possible to generate with Summer'87 NTX files and use them in 5.x and conversely? I though it was not the case, but I have just compiled my old Summer'87 programs with Harbour, and it seems that the old NTX files work fine.

dlzc

Nov 4, 2021, 9:49:46 AM11/4/21
On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 5:55:43 AM UTC-7, Calamardo wrote:
> Hi. Is it possible to generate with Summer'87 NTX files and use
> them in 5.x and conversely?

https://vivaclipper.wordpress.com/tag/ntx/ ... the bit about DBFNTX.

I believe that you can use them in Clipper 5+ / (x)Harbour, but you can define NTX indexes via DBFNTX that might fail in Summer '87. If you stay "vanilla", they should be interchangeable.

David A. Smith