New Clipper Oasis site has empty links

Dan Campbell

May 31, 2021, 10:50:11 PM5/31/21
http://www.the-oasis.net/

Doesn't lead to any links.

Even the donation link leads only to the Paypal home page.

Also, there's no way to upload libraries and code.

dlzc

Jun 1, 2021, 9:56:11 AM6/1/21
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:50:11 PM UTC-7, dcwh...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.the-oasis.net/
>
> Doesn't lead to any links.

The site's owner died 5 years ago.

> Even the donation link leads only to the Paypal home page.
>
> Also, there's no way to upload libraries and code.

That has not been possible since 2016. I don't find any working backup to this website either.

David A. Smith

Dan Campbell

Jun 1, 2021, 10:04:31 AM6/1/21
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:56:11 AM UTC-4, dlzc wrote:
> On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:50:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> > http://www.the-oasis.net/
> >
> > Doesn't lead to any links.
> The site's owner died 5 years ago.
> > Even the donation link leads only to the Paypal home page.
> >
> > Also, there's no way to upload libraries and code.
> That has not been possible since 2016. I don't find any working backup to this website either.
>
> David A. Smith

Of course I know he's gone, David. However, SOMEBODY has updated the site, and it was fairly recently. It's a totally different format.

dlzc

Jun 1, 2021, 10:18:38 AM6/1/21
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 7:04:31 AM UTC-7, dcwh...@gmail.com wrote:
> Of course I know he's gone, David. However, SOMEBODY has
> updated the site, and it was fairly recently. It's a totally
> different format.

Sorry, no one made any sort of announcement here that it had been brought back online.

Domain not slated to expire (unless renewed) until 12feb2022. So it is a owner- or server-side issue.

David A. Smith

jnfg...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2022, 2:15:37 PM3/16/22