Query events of an external DLL

Rüdiger Fresemann

Jan 18, 2022, 2:15:10 AMJan 18
I use an external DLL with some functions that I need.
According to the manufacturer, the DLL also fires events, e.g. to query
the status of individual processes.

I just can't manage to get into this level. I have already tried with
Dispatch, Events or ControlNotify, but get nowhere....

Does anyone have any ideas or som examplecode on how I could best
accomplish this?

Pasadena

dlzc

Jan 18, 2022, 9:23:55 AMJan 18
Dear Rüdiger Fresemann:

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 12:15:10 AM UTC-7, Rüdiger Fresemann wrote:
> I use an external DLL with some functions that I need.
> According to the manufacturer, the DLL also fires
> events, e.g. to query the status of individual processes.

Does this DLL supplier not have example code, that works with their DLL? They should have C or some other code examples, to catch these queries. THAT is where you should start. Then migrate this code into a parallel thread in your VO. Read and write only to static variables, don't hit the stack, don't define new variables, don't call (non-static or iterative) user functions.

David A. Smith