Azure-SMB-Dateifreigabe under Windows 10

trotte...@googlemail.com

Dec 17, 2021, 9:38:47 AM12/17/21
Hello,

can I save a VO-database on an Azure share with SMB protocol and then acess from differrent PCs without problems?

Or can I save a VO database on a Cloud drive with multiuser acess?

Best regards, Juergen

Wolfgang Riedmann

Dec 18, 2021, 11:05:25 AM12/18/21
Hi Jürgen,

> can I save a VO-database on an Azure share with SMB protocol and then
> acess from differrent PCs without problems?
>
> Or can I save a VO database on a Cloud drive with multiuser acess?

if you can map a drive letter to that drive, you can do that - but it
would be really slow, and subject to data corruption.

What you can do: put the application and the data to a cloud terminal
server and use it through a terminal server connection.

But your best bet would be to rent a Windows Terminal Server somewhere
and put application and data there - or use a PC with a Windows
multiuser extension like AADS or TSPlus based on your or your customers
location.

Wolfgang

Franz Rachbauer

Dec 19, 2021, 2:07:23 AM12/19/21
With the UniversalTermsrvPatch you can use more than one Remote Desktop
Session at the same time without any cost.
Franz

trotte...@googlemail.com

Dec 21, 2021, 4:14:37 AM12/21/21
Thank you for the answers. I will try it.
Juergen