SQLListTables:Destroy

Henry Fidler

Jul 12, 2021, 7:10:26 AMJul 12
After using the SQLListTables, the program crash with an error "SQLListTables:Destroy is not an exported method".

At the end of using the class, I tried to assign to it a Null_Object, but it does not help.

I read in this forum in: “https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/c/DE2TT2Uc0xs/m/pi--85ZIN2UJ
That replacing the VO28SQL.DLL from SP2 with that from SP1 helps.
Not in my case.

Any help
Henry

Wolfgang Riedmann

Jul 12, 2021, 10:33:04 AMJul 12
Hi Henry,

what VO version dou you are using?

Wolfgang

Henry Fidler

Jul 13, 2021, 1:29:30 AMJul 13
CaVo 2.8, SP2
I tried to copy the Vo28SQL.dll from 2.8 SP1
Henry

Wolfgang Riedmann

Jul 13, 2021, 4:02:10 AMJul 13
Hi Henry,

> CaVo 2.8, SP2
> I tried to copy the Vo28SQL.dll from 2.8 SP1

the easiest option for you would be to build a class

class SQLListTablesEx inherit SQLListTables

add a fancy Destroy() method:

method Destroy() class SQLListTablesEx

and use that class in your application.

I cannot check that as I have VO SP4b running and no access to any
previous version.

Wolfgang

Henry Fidler

Jul 15, 2021, 3:44:05 PMJul 15
Wolfgang many thanks

I did what you have suggested,
I do not know what the method Destroy() should do, so I have just
Self:Close()

Until now it works OK.

Thanks
Henry

Wolfgang Riedmann

Jul 16, 2021, 3:48:12 AMJul 16
Hi Henry,

> I did what you have suggested,
> I do not know what the method Destroy() should do, so I have just
> Self:Close()
>
> Until now it works OK.

I had written an empty method, only to suppress the runtime error.

Wolfgang

Jamal

Jul 16, 2021, 10:32:20 AMJul 16
You were getting the error because there is no such Destroy() method for
the SQLListTables class.

The only two classes that have the Destroy() method are: SQLStatement
and SqlParameter classes. Unrelated, but just in case you use
SQLParameter, according to the SDK, "If you instantiate a SQLParameter
object, you should explicitly destroy it when you are finished using it".

And remember the Close() method only closes the cursor, not the connection.

Jamal

As you found, the Close() method should work fine.