Hlp pse

Ann

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
Hi

I have a method which I call from most transactions.

METHOD WindowRefresh( oSubWin ) CLASS MyDataWindow

oSubWin:Server:Skip( 0 )
oSubWin:Browser:SuspendUpdate()
oSubWin:Browser:Refresh()
oSubWin:Browser:RestoreUpdate()

RETURN SELF

In my 'problem transaction' if I do _dyncheck() after calling this method I
get a bad pointer error. If I replace the call to the method with the four
lines in the method then I can call _dyncheck() with no problem. and perform
the transaction many times, something I have not been able to do for several
weeks.

I do not want to get too excited but does this mean I should not be calling
methods with an object as the parametrer, something I do with many methods
of My Data Window so this is a BIG change BUT if my 5333 problems could be
solved it will be worth it?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

TIA

Ann

Eric Hourant

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
Hi Ann,

<oDataServer>:Skip([<nRecordCount>]) ---> lSuccess

I do not think you can pass anything else than a number to the skip method.
Otherwise, an object is a parameter as the other ones ... as far as the
called method knows what to do with it.

HTH

Eric