Tab Page Background with XP Styles

Richard Pilkington

Oct 17, 2006, 3:07:05 AM10/17/06
Hi All

I have noticed that when I use a manifest resource:
RESOURCE CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RC_RT_MANIFEST;
%appwizdir%\cctl6.man
to enable XP styles, the background of tab pages on a data window changes from
the normal grey to white. Is this normal?

TIA

Richard

D.J.W. van Kooten

Oct 17, 2006, 4:39:51 AM10/17/06
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:07:05 +0200, Richard Pilkington
<ric...@lukhozi.co.za> wrote:

>to enable XP styles, the background of tab pages on a data window changes from
>the normal grey to white. Is this normal?

Yes I believe it is. The general idea from XP is that grey became
white (I bet it's going to be black in Vista <g>).

It also shows text caption through an icon/bitmap when both are on it
(easy to fix) but what is more a problem - ownerdraw colouring of
listview items doesn't work anymore.

Is that easy to fix?

Dick van Kooten

Geoff

Oct 17, 2006, 4:41:48 AM10/17/06
Yes... but wasn't it always? <g>

"Richard Pilkington" <ric...@lukhozi.co.za> wrote in message

Stephen Quinn

Oct 17, 2006, 5:34:30 AM10/17/06
Dick

> Yes I believe it is. The general idea from XP is that grey became
> white (I bet it's going to be black in Vista <g>).

Nope - it's going GREEN (think environment<g>)

> It also shows text caption through an icon/bitmap when both are on it
> (easy to fix) but what is more a problem - ownerdraw colouring of
> listview items doesn't work anymore.
> Is that easy to fix?

Yes - don't use ListViews<bg>

--