Procedure entry point not found OleAutoObjectEx:_CreateFrom|Dispatch in the dynamic link library MyProgram.exe

Pedro M. Espinosa

Feb 16, 2022, 4:42:04 PM2/16/22
Hi, I'm having a problem with Visual Objects 2.8 SP4b (2838)
When I compile any application for distribution creating the EXE file It doesn't run but always gives me this message:
Procedure entry point not found OleAutoObjectEx:_CreateFrom|Dispatch in the dynamic link library MyProgram.exe
¿Does anybody has any circumvention for this problem?

dlzc

Feb 17, 2022, 9:35:09 AM2/17/22
Dear Pedro M. Espinosa:
Usually, you have an executable, say 'MyProgram.exe' that explicitly names a DLL, say '3rdParty.DLL'. Then when the application is run, Windoze searches the working directory, or its own DLL space, or the PATH, for '3rdParty.DLL'. If it does not find '3rdParty.DLL', or the DLL is the wrong version and does not have a procedure named 'CreateFrom' or 'Dispatch', then it will throw an error like this.

Looks for instances in your code that invoke either of these names, that is occurred just before this problem showed up.

I don't do VO, just offering nearly worthless, generic advice.

David A. Smith

Jamal

Feb 17, 2022, 1:00:04 PM2/17/22
Pedro,

The VO repository might be corrupted. Try to re-index it.

Jamal

Pedro M. Espinosa

Feb 24, 2022, 11:49:11 AM2/24/22
Hi David,
My program doesn't use any OLE therefore that shouldn't be the case. What I finally did was to compile it in my old computer and it worked, so what I´m going to do is to reinstall the VO in my new computer and see if this solves the problem

Pedro M. Espinosa

Feb 24, 2022, 11:56:30 AM2/24/22
Hi Jamal,
Thanks for your suggestion. I reindexed the repository but that didn't help. As the pressure to solve it was high, what I finally did was to compile it in my old computer an luckily it worked OK.
Now that I have more time I'm going to try to rebuild the repository from a fresh start and see if this works in this computer or, if this is not successful, reinstall the VO
Thanks again,
Pedro

Jamal

Feb 26, 2022, 2:36:31 PM2/26/22
If the app run from the IDE, then you may want to check if the correct
version of VO DLLs are found the EXE folder. You may an older version
lurking there.

I suggest you copy the VO DLLs from VO BIN folder to the EXE folder.

Jamal

Steve

Feb 27, 2022, 7:17:17 AM2/27/22
Hi Pedro, you must also copy the generated .mdf file from your VO bin directory to the target directory. I've found that even if you have the bin directory in the os search path, it doesn't work, whereas copying the .mdf file does.