Updating SQLSelect from MemoField (or MultiLineEdit)

Henry Fidler

Jul 28, 2021, 6:52:26 AMJul 28
The MySQL has a collation of utf8_general_ci, so when I try to update, for example "ü", from my local dbf fields, I use
C1 := Ansi2UTF8("ü") // returns ü
and with this c1 I am updating the MySQL host.
It does work OK.

BUT
When I am retrieving the value from a MemoField (or from a MultiLineEdit), the ü is updated usually, but in the moment I
Update(True) or Commit()
the MySQL values are loosing the Ansi2UTF8, and the original, wrong, values are committed.

Why does it work OK with normal fields, but not with data retrieved from Memo field or from MuiltiLineEdit?
Is there a workaround?

Thanks
Henry