Kid stack size limit exceeded

D.J.W. van Kooten

Feb 24, 2010, 4:37:59 AM2/24/10
I get error messages

Kid stack size limit exceeded

usually when pressing a button to open a window in our application, on
different places.

This is a weird thing which seemed to have initiated after I
transfered my existing program to a new W7 64 bit PC. It's a bit
random. I did however seem to be able to reproduce one, entered
logging to see where it gave up and after I reached this point, it
didn't want to go wrong! I removed the logging, and it kept
working....So I suspected repo corruption, touched the whole system
but it seems to keep appearing randomly in different actions.

Above that, one client running our software via an Apple RD connection
more or less suddenly had the same problem without a previous program
replacement while others, most running RD from Windows machines or
directly running it from the Windows machine, did not have the error
at all in the same situation.

I just post this to see if anyone else had the same problem so it
could be some update related thing....

Dick van Kooten

Geoff Schaller

Feb 24, 2010, 5:09:06 AM2/24/10
Dick,

Its simple enough. Your application is in a loop. Often this is an error
loop (where an error condition causes a consequential error condition
and so round you go) or a focus change event that goes on creating more
focus change events.

Basically you run out of axits.

You need to be throwing a calling stack on entry to where-ever this is
happening.

Geoff

"D.J.W. van Kooten" <pub...@ic2remove.this.com> wrote in message

TomYale

Jan 3, 2018, 7:40:13 PM1/3/18
Thanks, man. This has been driving me nuts!