Evaluate Expression in Debugger Stopped Working...

已查看 98 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

SteveMcNaughton

未读,
2012年4月29日 10:23:092012/4/29
收件人
Title says it all. When I put anything in the expression evaluator,
it does not give an answer. the Watch variables, same thing. That's
like cutting off my fingers!

Debugger works otherwise.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It was working fine for at least a year on this machine (Win 7 64 bit,
8GB memory).

SteveMcNaughton

未读,
2012年4月29日 11:12:282012/4/29
收件人
let me add to that... I opened another project and that one was fine.
I checked that debug was enabled in my main project, and it was
enabled.

I'm at a loss for even an idea.

D.J.W. van Kooten

未读,
2012年4月30日 17:08:232012/4/30
收件人
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:23:09 -0700 (PDT), SteveMcNaughton
<stevemc...@auditron.com> wrote:

Hello Steve,

>Title says it all. When I put anything in the expression evaluator,
>it does not give an answer.

I know the problem. A simple project reindex will solve it.

In a worse case, first touch and recompile and in the worst case,
export all aef's, rename the current repo dir, recreate a new one
under the same name, and import all AEF's again. That will make your
repo a whole lot smaller also and it sometimes helps to find 'old'
errors on recompiling if you never do this.

But I think step 1 is already enough.

Dick

TomYale

未读,
2021年3月13日 11:20:172021/3/13
收件人
> I know the problem. A simple project reindex will solve it.
>
> In a worse case, first touch and recompile and in the worst case,
> export all aef's, rename the current repo dir, recreate a new one
> under the same name, and import all AEF's again. That will make your
> repo a whole lot smaller also and it sometimes helps to find 'old'
> errors on recompiling if you never do this.
>
> But I think step 1 is already enough.
>
> Dick

Thanks, Dick. Had this problem nine years later, implemented your fix, and it worked like a charm. If the problem is ever exacerbated beyond a reindex to fix, I'll pursue these other options.

TomYale

未读,
2023年10月8日 21:45:272023/10/8
收件人
Dick, this time I'm in the worst case. I've completely uninstalled CAVO, deleted the remaining directories under /cavo28, then reinstalled. I didn't know what you meant by "repo dir(ectory)" so I figured that whatever directory that was, it'd be gone. I imported an AEF that I was working on to what I thought was a fresh repository, and it still gives wrong values in the Expression Evaluator. Where exactly is the repo dir? The directory from which I import any AEF?

Tom
0 个新帖子