Evaluate Expression in Debugger Stopped Working...

SteveMcNaughton

Apr 29, 2012, 10:23:09 AM4/29/12
Title says it all. When I put anything in the expression evaluator,
it does not give an answer. the Watch variables, same thing. That's
like cutting off my fingers!

Debugger works otherwise.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It was working fine for at least a year on this machine (Win 7 64 bit,
8GB memory).

SteveMcNaughton

Apr 29, 2012, 11:12:28 AM4/29/12
let me add to that... I opened another project and that one was fine.
I checked that debug was enabled in my main project, and it was
enabled.

I'm at a loss for even an idea.

D.J.W. van Kooten

Apr 30, 2012, 5:08:23 PM4/30/12
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:23:09 -0700 (PDT), SteveMcNaughton
<stevemc...@auditron.com> wrote:

Hello Steve,

>Title says it all. When I put anything in the expression evaluator,
>it does not give an answer.

I know the problem. A simple project reindex will solve it.

In a worse case, first touch and recompile and in the worst case,
export all aef's, rename the current repo dir, recreate a new one
under the same name, and import all AEF's again. That will make your
repo a whole lot smaller also and it sometimes helps to find 'old'
errors on recompiling if you never do this.

But I think step 1 is already enough.

Dick

TomYale

Mar 13, 2021, 11:20:17 AMMar 13
> I know the problem. A simple project reindex will solve it.
>
> In a worse case, first touch and recompile and in the worst case,
> export all aef's, rename the current repo dir, recreate a new one
> under the same name, and import all AEF's again. That will make your
> repo a whole lot smaller also and it sometimes helps to find 'old'
> errors on recompiling if you never do this.
>
> But I think step 1 is already enough.
>
> Dick

Thanks, Dick. Had this problem nine years later, implemented your fix, and it worked like a charm. If the problem is ever exacerbated beyond a reindex to fix, I'll pursue these other options.