Print subdata window

Rolf

Mar 24, 2022, 6:06:38 AMMar 24
Hello,
my name is Rolf and I live in Germany and I am new here.
My question is :
I would like to print a complete subdata window. So far I have only been able to print the visible part with the scrollbars using the tips from this forum.
Is there a possibility to print the complete subdata window?
I would be grateful for an example.

Rolf

Franz Rachbauer

Mar 24, 2022, 12:59:28 PMMar 24
Do you mean all records of the server behind the subdata window?
If so you can loop through this server and print all fields using
ReportPro or print it manually. You have to design the output by
yourself, its not a hardcopy of the window.
Franz

Rolf

Mar 25, 2022, 6:49:36 AMMar 25
Hello Franz,

I have a Data-Dialog Window with a Sub-Data Window.

The Sub-Data Window is not connected to any server. It contains a combination of texts and graphics. The content of the Sub-Data Window is often larger than the actual Sub-Data Window, so there are scrollbars for scrolling.

With the simple method Sub-Data-WIndow:Print() only the visible part of the Windows is printed. I have been looking for alternatives here in the forum for the last few days and have found them. But even the alternatives only print the visible part.

It would help me if I could save the complete content of the sub-data window as a graphic.

Rolf

Wolfgang Riedmann

Mar 29, 2022, 12:05:27 AMMar 29
Hi Rolf,

unfortunately this is not possible easily, as the non visible parts of
the window are not rendered on the screen, and therefore the Print()
method of the window cannot copy them.

If you need that really, you have to get the controls manually from the
window using the Windows API, retrieve their coordinates and fonts and
render them on the print surface.

I don't know if some advanced screenshot tools can accompish that
scrolling the subdatawindow on purpose.

Your best bet would be to enlarge the main window as possible to show
the entire subdata window.

Wolfgang

Rolf

Mar 31, 2022, 7:37:59 AMMar 31