Running Visual Objects applications on M1 Macs

robmit

Jul 6, 2022, 12:26:22 PM7/6/22
Has anyone been able to run Visual Objects applications on Macs using the M1 processor?

Wolfgang Riedmann

Jul 9, 2022, 12:16:27 PM7/9/22
Hello,

> Has anyone been able to run Visual Objects applications on Macs using
> the M1 processor?

since there is no x86 Windows running on these Macs it is not possible.

Please see here:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/430599/x86-emulation-on-m1-m1-
pro-and-m1-max

WOlfgang

Phil McGuinness

Jul 11, 2022, 8:22:51 PM7/11/22
using VM in cloud with Windows.......

baksof...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2022, 4:46:42 PM7/12/22
On Sunday, 10 July 2022 at 04:16:27 UTC+12, Wolfgang Riedmann wrote:
> Hello,
> > Has anyone been able to run Visual Objects applications on Macs using
> > the M1 processor?

We walked in to this issue after upgrading iMac to M1. VMWare Fusion on iMac has effectively ended for the M1. Our solution was to set set up a headless SFF Win10 Pro accessed it via the Microsoft RDP Client for Mac. Works better than VMWare VMs ever did..In fact , we won't go back to using VMs, even if they become available again. And that is looking unlikely, we believe. This solution works very well for us. Easy to try - and the M1 RDP client, made by MS, is free from Apple.