Windows 10 version 1803 - deadlock in database

248 vues

Andreas Fay

non lue,
6 juin 2018, 04:57:2306/06/2018
Hi there,

has anyone experienced a network-related issue with Clarion 6 applications running under Windows 10 Version 1803? Many of our customers report, that our application is hanging quite often which is based on deadlocks of DAT files. This is happening as soon as just one client with Windows 10.1803 is participating in the network and is actively using the application.
If the application is run as a standalone on just one single Windows 10.1803 PC, everything is running smoothly. However, as soon as we move the database to just a NAS and continue with that lone PC, it creates deadlocks for itself. Very strange.
I already tried to change the network paths from network drives to just using ip addresses or pc names. No change. Only workaround until now is downgrade to Windows 10.1709.

Does anyone maybe have a clue what can fix this?
Just to note: There were no changes in the Clarion 6 application itself for quite some time, and everything was running smoothly up until the latest Windows release. The app is using mainly Clarion Database DAT files but also Topspeed files as the database.

Appreciate your help!

Cheers
Andreas

andrec...@gmail.com

non lue,
6 juin 2018, 21:08:2506/06/2018
Andreas

I had a conversation with one technician, and he said that this upgrade for win 10 is making applications that run the exe file on station with a shortcut exe file and the database in one server, specially linux servers are having problems with mapped drivers, and this issue has something with the protocols for samba. so if you are having these problems try to look for these subject on the web, one solution is moving the exe file to the station and making a shortcut to him pointing the path to the network driver.

Hope give you some light, and if you find please let us know.

Regards
André

rokky...@gmail.com

non lue,
14 juin 2018, 03:53:5914/06/2018
Hi André,

thanks for your input!
Samba was actually the right keyword. The problem was caused by samba cache-settings. In the thread https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/008e9250-111a-4a94-a2b8-b38296194b86/vfp-network-issues-with-windows-10-1803?forum=visualfoxprogeneral the recommended solution is to deactivate the cache via registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
"FileInfoCacheLifetime"=dword:00000000
"FileNotFoundCacheLifetime"=dword:00000000
"DirectoryCacheLifetime"=dword:00000000

That fixed it for me.

Cheers
Andreas