Clarion 6.3 on Windows 10 64 Bit

Joe Drive

Jan 27, 2019, 11:08:30 PM1/27/19
I Just bought a laptop with windows 10 and 64 OS. I've installed Clarion 6.3 on it. But it can not run or open there's a message "This app can't run on your PC "
Can anyone tell me the solution?

thx,

Joe

cedars...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 3:46:44 AM1/28/19
Set up a Virtual PC ?
or
Upgrade to a newer version of Clarion

Joe Drive

Jan 28, 2019, 4:24:58 AM1/28/19
Are they any other ways?

thx

Paul Attryde

Jan 28, 2019, 7:44:11 AM1/28/19
Not really. 64bit Windows does not run 16bit apps, which is what the C6
IDE is.

You either need a older version of Windows (W2K, XP, 32bit W7) in a VM
to run C6 in, or upgrade Clarion to a newer version where the IDE isn't
16bit.

Paul

Sean H

Jan 29, 2019, 6:26:58 AM1/29/19
OR a 32 bit version of whatever windows
C6 run fine in a 32bit OS of any windows flavour

Sean H

Joe Drive

Jan 29, 2019, 8:52:14 PM1/29/19
It can't run on AMD processor (ASUS A9 laptop) I've try it before

tinl...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2019, 9:24:15 PM2/20/19
Hi Joe,
Windows 10 does not support 16Bit and some files in Clarion 6.3 require 16Bit.
I use an old XP computer with Clarion 6.1 for coding and keep it clean as with no internet connection. Not an ideal solution but OK if you want to stick to Clarion 6.3 as it still creates 32Bit apps.
Doug
New Zealand

Marius Els

Jan 22, 2020, 4:18:36 AM1/22/20

I use a 32-bit installation of windows 10 with clarion 5.5 and Clarion 6.3 works like a charm
Message has been deleted

Nicolas Secreto

May 5, 2021, 1:09:08 AM5/5/21
Wouldn't you have please, by chance, version 6.3 of Clarion?