Using Start with a variable procedure name.

Colin Reynolds

Jul 11, 2021, 8:21:43 AM7/11/21
For Reference, Clarion 9/Windows 7
I am trying to implement user personalised menus with buttons that access variable procedure names.

The procedures are defined in a user file and reflect whether or not users have access to a procedure.

Problem is that I do NOT know which procedures to include at compile time, and therefore, need to assign them programatically.

There are well over 100 procedures in tha app, so using a 'CASE' statement on each button is not practical.

What I would like to do is use the START function with a variable name.
This is a little bit of the code that will be inserted on each button;
prog = 'IN01' !Procedure Module Name
Loc:Prog1 = Prog !Copy to a local variable
// For testing purposes
message(evaluate(loc:prog1)) !Works correctly and returns IN01
//
I have tried many permutations of START(loc:prog1) and just cannot get it to accept a variable procedure name.

Any suggestions appreciated.