Best book for STL in C++

Sahej singh

Apr 7, 2021, 2:50:29 PM4/7/21
Can somebody please suggest the best book on STL in C++?

Lynn McGuire

Apr 7, 2021, 6:18:44 PM4/7/21
On 4/7/2021 1:50 PM, Sahej singh wrote:
> Can somebody please suggest the best book on STL in C++?

I have used "The C++ Standard Library Extensions: A Tutorial And
Reference" by Pete Becker for reference over the years.

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Library-Extensions-Tutorial-Reference/dp/0321412990

There is an errata at:
http://www.petebecker.com/tr1book/

Lynn

Lynn McGuire

Apr 7, 2021, 6:38:42 PM4/7/21
On 4/7/2021 1:50 PM, Sahej singh wrote:
> Can somebody please suggest the best book on STL in C++?

Bonita Montero

Apr 7, 2021, 9:05:32 PM4/7/21
>> Can somebody please suggest the best book on STL in C++?

> I have used "The C++ Standard Library Extensions: A Tutorial And
> Reference" by Pete Becker for reference over the years.
> https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Library-Extensions-Tutorial-Reference/dp/0321412990

I found it as an epub: https://easyupload.io/znkjii

Keith Thompson

Apr 7, 2021, 10:12:23 PM4/7/21
> I found it as an epub: https://[DELETED]/[DELETED]

Or you could just steal a paper copy from your local library, or break
into the author's house.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.T...@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips Healthcare

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 7, 2021, 10:45:09 PM4/7/21
> I found it as an epub: [...]
Oh shi%!

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 7, 2021, 10:46:43 PM4/7/21
On 4/7/2021 7:12 PM, Keith Thompson wrote:

>>> I have used "The C++ Standard Library Extensions: A Tutorial And
>>> Reference" by Pete Becker for reference over the years.
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Library-Extensions-Tutorial-Reference/dp/0321412990
>>
>> I found it as an epub: https://[DELETED]/[DELETED]
>
> Or you could just steal a paper copy from your local library, or break
> into the author's house.

Actually, I do not know if Microsoft approves of this, but here is the
Win 4.0 Kernel source code on github:

https://github.com/ZoloZiak/WinNT4

Bonita Montero

Apr 7, 2021, 10:49:46 PM4/7/21
>>> I have used "The C++ Standard Library Extensions: A Tutorial And
>>> Reference" by Pete Becker for reference over the years.
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Library-Extensions-Tutorial-Reference/dp/0321412990

>> I found it as an epub: https://[DELETED]/[DELETED]

> Or you could just steal a paper copy from your local library, or break
> into the author's house.

Copying isn't the same as taking something away.

Chris M. Thomasson

Apr 7, 2021, 10:51:57 PM4/7/21
You can buy a copy for 51.99 on amazon. I have not downloaded from the
link you gave.

Sahej singh

Apr 8, 2021, 1:03:54 AM4/8/21
thanks a lot everyone!

Juha Nieminen

Apr 8, 2021, 2:16:48 AM4/8/21
In comp.lang.c++ Bonita Montero <Bonita....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found it as an epub:

Why am I not surprised that you promote illegal activity?

Kenny McCormack

Apr 8, 2021, 3:04:23 AM4/8/21
In article <s4m743$6pb$4...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Why am I not surprised that you are an ardent net cop?

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Noam

David Brown

Apr 8, 2021, 3:27:17 AM4/8/21
That is correct - copyright violations are not stealing, or pirating.
But they /are/ illegal and immoral in most circumstances. Please do not
do this, or encourage it, or spread links like this. The only reason we
can have books like this is because people pay for them - that's how the
authors and the publishers make their livings. So while such copyright
violations are technically not "stealing", they /are/ a step towards
depriving people of their living, and the public of such books in the
future.

(Some people feel there are grey areas, such as buying the paper book
then acquiring an electronic version for convenience, or for reading
while the paper book is still in the post. This might be viewed as
illegal but not immoral, on a very subjective basis. Many publishers
these days have arrangements and licensing that allows you to do this
simply and legally instead of resorting to illegal tactics.)

Juha Nieminen

Apr 8, 2021, 6:33:25 AM4/8/21
In comp.lang.c++ Kenny McCormack <gaz...@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> In article <s4m743$6pb$4...@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Juha Nieminen <nos...@thanks.invalid> wrote:
>>In comp.lang.c++ Bonita Montero <Bonita....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I found it as an epub:
>>
>>Why am I not surprised that you promote illegal activity?
>
> Why am I not surprised that you are an ardent net cop?

Why? Have I given that impression in the past? Where?

My comment was more relevant, though, because that person has been a
complete a-hole repeatedly in this newsgroup.