WANTED: Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 for DOS

Jason Holden

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
I am looking for a copy of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS. If you would have one
or know where I can get one please e-mail me at: jasw...@earthlink.net

Jack Klein

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98

<Jack>

Look at http://www.inprise.com/borlandcpp/turbosuite/. I believe that
this is the complete Turbo C++ 3.0 package which can make stand alone
DOS programs, and not the "Lite" version whose programs can't run
outside of the IDE, but I can't confirm that for sure, so you might
want to double check with Inprise.

The list price is about $60.00 US, but I have seen it in discount
stores and web dealers for around $40.00.

</Jack>
--
Do not email me with questions about programming.
Post them to the appropriate newsgroup.

Erik Anderson

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Jason Holden wrote:
JH> I am looking for a copy of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS. If you would have one
JH> or know where I can get one please e-mail me at: jasw...@earthlink.net

You can try "Old Tool Exchange" at http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/borc.htm

paolo...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
In article <76cahg$a4h$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

"Jason Holden" <jasw...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I am looking for a copy of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS. If you would have one
> or know where I can get one please e-mail me at: jasw...@earthlink.net

Buying it, would not do it?
I have the impression that distribution of copyrighted software is illegal.
At leat on this ng, nobody will break the law for saving your money.
Paolo

Richard Kanarek

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Dear Mr. Holden/Earthlink Brother:

Regarding your recen posting:

> "Jason Holden" <jasw...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I am looking for a copy of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS. If you would have one
>> or know where I can get one please e-mail me at: jasw...@earthlink.net

I just happened to have followed a link to a place called
"www.beyond.com" where I noticed an add for Turbo C++ "suite" .
Apparently it includes a panoply of Borland C++ compliers including
Turbo C/C++. It listed for $58 and was advertised at:
"http://www.beyond.com/PKIN665743/prod.htm".

Note that I've never done any business with Beyond; as I wrote I just
happened by there yesterday. You might also wish to try www.CDW.com or
Borland itself.

Caution: I doubt paper documentation are included at that price but
this is just an assumption on my part.

Happy programming!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

sc...@softbase.com

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
paolo...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> In article <76cahg$a4h$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

> "Jason Holden" <jasw...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I am looking for a copy of Borland Turbo C++ for DOS. If you would have one
> > or know where I can get one please e-mail me at: jasw...@earthlink.net
> >
> Buying it, would not do it?

But it is not for sale any longer. This is *OLD* software.
The only place you could find it is in a secondhand
market of some sort.

The post does not say anything about whether the software
would be free or paid for.

Scott