Need Library for Microsoft C

LongBow

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
Hello all,

I hope everyone had a good XMAS ( those of you that celebrate it ). I have
a huge problem. At work I have inherted the sustaining end of old software. In
this one project they have Microsoft Quick Basic v4.5, MASM v5.1 and Microsoft
C v6.01a source files. I have never worked outside of an IDE before so this is
my first time using MAKE files. Any how, I got everything to work correctly
except that when I go to LINK the C files Microsoft C complains that the
library LLIBCE.LIB is missing. I finally found out what this library is. I
could not find this file on the Microsoft v6.01A or v7 distrubution diskettes.
I have searched the net for the library, but have only come up with the
library for Visual C++ v1.51. I have tried this library, but I get this error
when I use this specific library.

Microsoft (R) Segmented-Executable Linker Version 5.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1990. All rights reserved.

c:\c600\lib\LLIBCE.lib(malloc.asm) : fatal error L1101: invalid object module

I have done nothing to the original source files as I am trying to establish a
baseline. So if I can't even compile and link the original released files,
there is no way I can compile and link my files. Does anyone have this library
or where I can fine it? Should the library I found for Visual C++ v1.51 work?
Thanks in advance.

Mark

u...@40th.com

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98

LongBow? (nospam_m...@ieee.org?) wrote (Tue, 29 Dec 1998 06:44:04 GMT):

>library LLIBCE.LIB is missing. I finally found out what this library is. I
>could not find this file on the Microsoft v6.01A or v7 distrubution diskettes.

You have to do the full install since the libraries are built on the fly,
one for each memory model (small, compact, medium, large). This is the
sort of question microsoft support used to handle...barely.

Corne1 Huth http://40th.com/ Bullet database engines/servers 3.0

Will Rose

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
[...]

You almost certainly can't mix libraries between compilers, even from
the same company. I'm not even sure that the VC++ library is 16-bit,
and I'm sure the 6.01 library is. Microsoft had various libraries
for various different memory models, and for machines with hardware
and emulated floating point. At a guess, LLIBCE is large model and
emulated FP. You'll just have to keep looking until you can find
the library which the original writer used, or compile the whole
program with another, working, compiler.

Will
c...@crash.cts.com

~

LongBow

Dec 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/30/98
Cornel,

Thanks, I thought I told the installation program to install everything, but
I guess I didn't correctly install it. I re-installed MS C enabling every
option that I could. Once I did that, MS C did create this necessary library.
Works like a charm now. Thanks a lot!!!

Mark