Re: olcott is absolutely and totally correct. [ Visual Studio c/c++ project ]

olcott

Oct 2, 2022, 2:26:14 PM10/2/22
On 10/2/2022 1:06 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> So, you are admitting you can't prove it because you didn't even try.
>>>

>> Every halt decider must compute the mapping from its inputs on the
>> basis of the actual behavior of these inputs, thus the behavior of
>> non-inputs is irrelevant.
>>
>> *That you continue to assert otherwise proves that you are dishonest*
>>

> Still non-responsive and LYING.
>
> I never denied that a Halt Decider must compute the mapping from its
> actual input based on the actual behavior of the input (at least when
> you fix the meaning of the behavior of an input, which for a HALT
> DECIDER, is DEFINED by the behavior of the machine the input represents).

That is merely your weasel worded (thus deceptive) way of referring to
the behavior of the non-input: int main() { P(P); }

typedef void (*ptr)();

void P(ptr x)
{
int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
if (Halt_Status) // if H(P,P) reports that its input halts
HERE: goto HERE; // P loops and never halts
return; // else P halts
}

The behavior of the infinite set of H/P pairs such that H correctly
simulates or directly executes 1 to ∞ steps of its input, P never
reaches its final state and halts.

On 7/24/2022 6:19 PM, Paul N wrote:
> On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 12:10:34 AM UTC+1, olcott wrote:
>> If a simulating halt decider continues to correctly
>> simulate its input until it correctly matches a non-halting
>> behavior pattern then this SHD is necessarily correct when
>> it aborts its simulation and reports non-halting.
>
> Yes, *If* a simulating halt decider continues to correctly
> simulate its input until it *correctly* matches a non-
> halting behaviour pattern then this SHD is correct when it
> aborts its simulation and reports non-halting.

The H/P pair meeting the above requirements is fully operational in this
system.

Complete halt deciding system (Visual Studio Project)
(a) x86utm operating system
(b) Complete x86 emulator adapted from libx86emu to compile under Windows
(c) Several halt deciders and their sample inputs contained within Halt7.c
https://liarparadox.org/2022_09_07.zip

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer