How can two computers comunicate by using Modem ?

Chow Hoi Ka, Eric

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
Hello,
How can two computers comunicate by using Modem in C++ Builder?
Such that, Pc1 want to connect to Pc2, Pc1 use a Modem to dial to Pc2's
Modem directly with the telephone number. After connection is
established, both Pc1 and Pc2 can send or receive data. Would you please
to teach me how to write a program in both side(Pc1 and Pc2) to
implement this ?

Would you please to show me a simple example ?????

--
_ _
/ ) |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| ( \

Michael J. Tobler

Dec 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/27/98
In article <3684700C...@sftw.umac.mo>, d95...@sftw.umac.mo says...

Go here:
http://www.gleaf.com/

> Hello,
> How can two computers comunicate by using Modem in C++ Builder?
> Such that, Pc1 want to connect to Pc2, Pc1 use a Modem to dial to Pc2's

[snip]

--
<<<<<<<<<< Blue Skies >>>>>>>>>>>
< Michael J. Tobler >

Jack Klein

Dec 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/28/98
On Sat, 26 Dec 1998 13:11:40 +0800, "Chow Hoi Ka, Eric" <d95...@sftw.umac.mo>
wrote:

> Hello,
> How can two computers comunicate by using Modem in C++ Builder?
> Such that, Pc1 want to connect to Pc2, Pc1 use a Modem to dial to Pc2's

> Modem directly with the telephone number. After connection is
> established, both Pc1 and Pc2 can send or receive data. Would you please
> to teach me how to write a program in both side(Pc1 and Pc2) to
> implement this ?
>
> Would you please to show me a simple example ?????

<Jack>

There is no answer to this question in the standard C language, because it
doesn't support modems or serial communications at all. It can only be done
by using compiler or operating system specific extensions.

If you want specific help in using Borland C++ Builder, you should ask your
question in their support group news:borland.public.cpp.builder. If your ISP
does not carry this group, see http://www.inprise.com/newsgroups/ to access
it.

</Jack>

Victor Gilbert

Dec 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/29/98
Get this book "Borland C++Builder HOW TO" From the Waite Group Press

Check chapter 7 gives examples on modem communications.

Victor

<d95...@sftw.umac.mo> wrote:

>Hello,
>How can two computers comunicate by using Modem in C++ Builder?
>Such that, Pc1 want to connect to Pc2, Pc1 use a Modem to dial to Pc2's
>Modem directly with the telephone number. After connection is
>established, both Pc1 and Pc2 can send or receive data. Would you please
>to teach me how to write a program in both side(Pc1 and Pc2) to
>implement this ?
>
>Would you please to show me a simple example ?????
>

>--
> _ _
> / ) |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| ( \
> _( /_ | _ Chow Hoi Ka, Eric _ | _) )_
>(\\\\ \_/ / E-Mail : d95...@sftw.umac.mo \ \_/ ////)
> \ / \ /
> \ _/ http://www.sftw.umac.mo/~d951686/ \_ /