A plea...

Ben Bacarisse

Jul 16, 2022, 10:24:47 PMJul 16
Please don't respond to Peter Olcott's posts here. His threads have
taken over comp.theory, but there is no reason that comp.lang c (or
comp.lang.c++) should suffer the same fate. These two groups have had
many interesting threads over the years, but they will die if they fill
up with junk.

If you want to reply to him, just pick any of the thousands of posts in
comp.theory and he'll be as happy to insult you and call you ignorant
there as he is here.

I've not made this a head post because I don't want to single anyone
out. Everyone who'd got something out of comp.lang.c should care about
its curation...

--
Ben.

olcott

Jul 16, 2022, 10:32:41 PMJul 16
As soon as I get closure (very close now) I won't need to post on USENET
at all. The current version of my work can only be properly reviewed by
software engineers. The computer science issues are being addressed
through emails to computer scientists.

--
Copyright 2022 Pete Olcott

Arthur Schopenhauer

Mark Bluemel

Jul 18, 2022, 5:54:44 AMJul 18
On Sunday, 17 July 2022 at 03:24:47 UTC+1, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
> Please don't respond to Peter Olcott's posts here.

Vain hope. Even threads not initially about his vacuous waffle are now
being subverted by the monomaniac and his enablers

The age of the functional unmoderated forum appears over.

Can the last to leave please turn the lights out.

olcott

Jul 18, 2022, 8:58:28 AMJul 18
I already got them to move to comp.theory because of Ben's plea.

Mark Bluemel

Jul 18, 2022, 9:06:26 AMJul 18
On Monday, 18 July 2022 at 13:58:28 UTC+1, olcott wrote:
> On 7/18/2022 4:54 AM, Mark Bluemel wrote:
> > On Sunday, 17 July 2022 at 03:24:47 UTC+1, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
> >> Please don't respond to Peter Olcott's posts here.
> >
> > Vain hope. Even threads not initially about his vacuous waffle are now
> > being subverted by the monomaniac and his enablers
> >
> > The age of the functional unmoderated forum appears over.
> >
> > Can the last to leave please turn the lights out.

> I already got them to move to comp.theory because of Ben's plea.

I hope that sticks. If it does, thank you.