Help with C

Bruce McGoveran

Jul 24, 2012, 10:39:07 PM7/24/12
Hi. To understand C better, I am working my way through The C Programming Language (a.k.a K and R). I have some questions about how to implement some of the solutions to the problems presented in the text. I have The C Answer Book, too. My questions also relate to that book's suggested implementations. There are some minor variations between my solutions and the book's, which I would like to understand better.

Is there anyone who could help me with my questions? Ideally, I would send code fragments with questions. I do not think my questions are trivial. I have given the books and my questions a fair bit of thought, so I will be to the point in asking my questions.

Any help and/or leads appreciated.

Many thanks,
Bruce
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: cl...@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.

Francis Glassborow

Aug 8, 2012, 1:15:06 PM8/8/12
On 25/07/2012 03:39, Bruce McGoveran wrote:
> Hi. To understand C better, I am working my way through The C Programming Language (a.k.a K and R). I have some questions about how to implement some of the solutions to the problems presented in the text. I have The C Answer Book, too. My questions also relate to that book's suggested implementations. There are some minor variations between my solutions and the book's, which I would like to understand better.
>
> Is there anyone who could help me with my questions? Ideally, I would send code fragments with questions. I do not think my questions are trivial. I have given the books and my questions a fair bit of thought, so I will be to the point in asking my questions.
>
> Any help and/or leads appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bruce

The time lag between post and response can be quite high on this group
because responses have to wait for acceptance from the moderator.
However there is a group dedicated to people such as yourself:

alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++

It covers both C and C++ and there are a number of resident experts who
will be happy to help. As an unmoderated group responses can be quite
fast (depends who is around)

Francis

ralph

Aug 8, 2012, 1:15:54 PM8/8/12
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:39:07 -0500 (CDT), Bruce McGoveran
<bruce.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. To understand C better, I am working my way through
> The C Programming Language (a.k.a K and R). I have some
>questions about how to implement some of the solutions to
>the problems presented in the text. I have The C Answer
>Book, too. My questions also relate to that book's suggested
>implementations. There are some minor variations between
> my solutions and the book's, which I would like to understand better.
>
>Is there anyone who could help me with my questions?
>Ideally, I would send code fragments with questions.
> I do not think my questions are trivial. I have given the
>books and my questions a fair bit of thought, so I will be
>to the point in asking my questions.
>
>Any help and/or leads appreciated.

You might find these interesting to go along with the K&R:

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~jamie/C/KR/annotations.html

http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/kandr2/index.html

Slightly off topic, but you'll want this on your shelf sooner or
later:
C: A Reference Manual (5th Edition)
Harbison & Steele

-ralph

Barry Schwarz

Aug 9, 2012, 9:31:12 PM8/9/12
<bruce.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. To understand C better, I am working my way through The C Programming Language (a.k.a K and R). I have some questions about how to implement some of the solutions to the problems presented in the text. I have The C Answer Book, too. My questions also relate to that book's suggested implementations. There are some minor variations between my solutions and the book's, which I would like to understand better.
>
>Is there anyone who could help me with my questions? Ideally, I would send code fragments with questions. I do not think my questions are trivial. I have given the books and my questions a fair bit of thought, so I will be to the point in asking my questions.
>
>Any help and/or leads appreciated.

Post your questions (and the code if necessary) and see if anyone
responds.

--
Remove del for email

TheGunslinger

Aug 9, 2012, 9:38:43 PM8/9/12
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:15:06 -0500 (CDT), Francis Glassborow
<francis.g...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On 25/07/2012 03:39, Bruce McGoveran wrote:
>> Hi. To understand C better, I am working my way through The C Programming Language (a.k.a K and R). I have some questions about how to implement some of the solutions to the problems presented in the text. I have The C Answer Book, too. My questions also relate to that book's suggested implementations. There are some minor variations between my solutions and the book's, which I would like to understand better.
>>
>> Is there anyone who could help me with my questions? Ideally, I would send code fragments with questions. I do not think my questions are trivial. I have given the books and my questions a fair bit of thought, so I will be to the point in asking my questions.
>>
>> Any help and/or leads appreciated.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Bruce
>>
>The time lag between post and response can be quite high on this group
>because responses have to wait for acceptance from the moderator.
>However there is a group dedicated to people such as yourself:
>
>alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
>
>It covers both C and C++ and there are a number of resident experts who
>will be happy to help. As an unmoderated group responses can be quite
>fast (depends who is around)
>
>Francis

Howdy Francis,

Nice to see you are still around to help us.

THANKS for past help.

Respectfully,

MJR