The key basis of the halting problem proofs

olcott

Mar 16, 2021, 9:30:42 AM3/16/21
On 3/16/2021 6:29 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/15/21 7:49 PM, olcott wrote:
>
>> The fact the no one has been able to correctly show any errors about my
>> basic reasoning for many months is strong evidence that I am correct.
>>
>> The strongest "rebuttal" that currently exists is a mere dogmatic
>> assertion utterly bereft of any supporting reasoning.
>>

> I would say that MANY have been able to logically show many errors in
> your basic reasoning. It is YOU who doesn't seem to be willing to accept
> the Truth.

I unified the key basis of all three proofs
see the YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED portions
of these two textbook proofs:

http://www.liarparadox.org/sipser_165.pdf
http://www.liarparadox.org/kozen_233.pdf

into this simple C function that expresses this basis.

void H_Hat(u32 P)
{
u32 Input_Would_Halt = Halts(P, P);
if (Input_Would_Halt)
HERE: goto HERE;
}

int main()
{
u32 Input_Would_Halt = Halts((u32)H_Hat, (u32)H_Hat);
Output("Input_Would_Halt = ", Input_Would_Halt);
}

No one can show that this does not accurately represent the key basis of
the proofs. The best that they can do is show that they do not
understand what the key basis is.

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

minds." Einstein

Bonita Montero

Mar 16, 2021, 10:31:39 AM3/16/21
STOP POSTING OFF-TOPIC-STUFF !!!

olcott

Mar 16, 2021, 11:03:13 AM3/16/21
On 3/16/2021 9:31 AM, Bonita Montero wrote:
> STOP POSTING OFF-TOPIC-STUFF !!!

It is not off-topic. It is directly related to the algorithm analysis of
the machine language translation of a C program.

I only cross-post key breakthroughs most of my posts are to comp.theory

Nikolaj Lazic

Mar 16, 2021, 11:13:44 AM3/16/21
Dana Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:02:52 -0500, olcott <No...@NoWhere.com> napis'o:
> On 3/16/2021 9:31 AM, Bonita Montero wrote:
>> STOP POSTING OFF-TOPIC-STUFF !!!
>
> It is not off-topic. It is directly related to the algorithm analysis of
> the machine language translation of a C program.

This is C++...
Could you, please, stop?

> I only cross-post key breakthroughs most of my posts are to comp.theory

Please, please, please... stop.

Bonita Montero

Mar 16, 2021, 11:23:49 AM3/16/21
> It is not off-topic. It is directly related to the algorithm analysis of
> the machine language translation of a C program.

You're not discussing C-specific issues.
What you disuss could be related to almost any language.

> I only cross-post key breakthroughs most of my posts are to comp.theory

Don't post in comp.lang.c(++) at all !

olcott

Mar 16, 2021, 11:45:10 AM3/16/21
The x86utm operating system is written in c++

Bonita Montero

Mar 16, 2021, 11:48:52 AM3/16/21
>> Don't post in comp.lang.c(++) at all !

> The x86utm operating system is written in c++

That's not sufficient to post here.
Post only C++-issues to comp.lang.c++.

Keith Thompson

Mar 16, 2021, 12:13:37 PM3/16/21
olcott will not stop cross-posting. He's been asked to do so many
times.

I've configured my newsreader so I never see anything he posts to
comp.lang.c or to comp.lang.c++ -- which means I only see replies
like yours. If you want to complain to him, please post only
to comp.theory (which, last time I checked, is dominated by his
posts anyway).

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) Keith.S.T...@gmail.com
Working, but not speaking, for Philips Healthcare

olcott

Mar 16, 2021, 12:37:58 PM3/16/21
On 3/16/2021 11:13 AM, Keith Thompson wrote:
> Nikolaj Lazic <nlazicB...@mudrac.ffzg.hr> writes:
>> Dana Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:02:52 -0500, olcott <No...@NoWhere.com> napis'o:
>>>
>>> It is not off-topic. It is directly related to the algorithm analysis of
>>> the machine language translation of a C program.
>>
>> This is C++...
>> Could you, please, stop?
>>
>>> I only cross-post key breakthroughs most of my posts are to comp.theory
>>
>> Please, please, please... stop.
>
> olcott will not stop cross-posting. He's been asked to do so many
> times.
>
> I've configured my newsreader so I never see anything he posts to
> comp.lang.c or to comp.lang.c++ -- which means I only see replies
> like yours. If you want to complain to him, please post only
> to comp.theory (which, last time I checked, is dominated by his
> posts anyway).

When I stopped posting for 42 days no one else posted anything at all.

I will greatly reduce by cross-posting to comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++.

If I could otherwise get my work peer reviewed I would have never needed
to cross-post at all.

Bonita Montero

Mar 16, 2021, 1:20:25 PM3/16/21
> I will greatly reduce by cross-posting to comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++.

Don't post here at all if you don't relate to C++-issues.
Discussing computational problems which could be related
to any language isn't sufficient to post here.

Nikolaj Lazic

Mar 16, 2021, 1:41:53 PM3/16/21
Dana Tue, 16 Mar 2021 09:13:24 -0700, Keith Thompson <Keith.S.T...@gmail.com> napis'o:
> Nikolaj Lazic <nlazicB...@mudrac.ffzg.hr> writes:
>> Dana Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:02:52 -0500, olcott <No...@NoWhere.com> napis'o:
>>>
>>> It is not off-topic. It is directly related to the algorithm analysis of
>>> the machine language translation of a C program.
>>
>> This is C++...
>> Could you, please, stop?
>>
>>> I only cross-post key breakthroughs most of my posts are to comp.theory
>>
>> Please, please, please... stop.
>
> olcott will not stop cross-posting. He's been asked to do so many
> times.
>
> I've configured my newsreader so I never see anything he posts to
> comp.lang.c or to comp.lang.c++ -- which means I only see replies
> like yours. If you want to complain to him, please post only
> to comp.theory (which, last time I checked, is dominated by his
> posts anyway).

Thank you... I know that I can use kill file...
But than I will not see when Peter Olcott (God himself) finally desides
to halt.