"We Make a std::shared_mutex 10 Times Faster" by AlexeyAB

Lynn McGuire

Dec 17, 2021, 5:20:41 PM12/17/21
"We Make a std::shared_mutex 10 Times Faster" by AlexeyAB

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1183423/We-Make-a-std-shared-mutex-10-Times-Faster

"This article details the atomic operations and C++11 memory barriers
and the assembler instructions generated by it on x86_64 CPUs."

Wow, that is detailed.

Lynn

Chris M. Thomasson

Dec 18, 2021, 1:49:36 AM12/18/21
Need to read it, however, for some reason, it seems like distributed
spinlocks... I remember an implementation of something called an MLock,
but I cannot find the damn paper right now! Basically each thread that
needed to wait would not interfere with other threads wrt false sharing.
Each thread would wait on its own cache line.

Chris M. Thomasson

Dec 18, 2021, 2:02:17 AM12/18/21