Re: A few question about learning c++

Manfred

Oct 21, 2021, 10:55:25 AM10/21/21
On 10/21/2021 3:07 PM, rabbit rabbit wrote:
> * Where can I learn about the latest features of C++14/17/20?
> -The latest book I have read is 《C++ primer》,but it only talks about some features of C++11. I would like to know if there are any good books or videos that can help me learn the latest C++ features.
>
> * Do I need to change my reading books?
> - The three books I am currently reading are 《Effective c++》,《More Effective C++》and 《The Annotated STL Sources》,After reading for a while, I found that these three books are too old, some of the C++ features mentioned in them are out of date, should I continue reading or find some new books. If I should find new books, then do you have any recommendations for books?

That is one decent list:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

Juha Nieminen

Oct 22, 2021, 12:50:50 AM10/22/21
rabbit rabbit <16044...@qq.com> wrote:
> - The three books I am currently reading are ???Effective c++?????????More Effective C++???and ???The Annotated STL Sources???,After reading for a while, I found that these three books are too old, some of the C++ features mentioned in them are out of date, should I continue reading or find some new books. If I should find new books, then do you have any recommendations for books?

You should most definitely not stop reading them. They do not get old, and
contain some of the best advice for C++ programming.

The author has also written a new book for C++11, so you could get that
in addition to those.